Problems setting up a Zigbee Controller in Docker

Hello there,

I am trying to set up a zigbee controller for my OpenHAB Instance.
I am running a OpenHAB 3.4.5 instance on an Ubuntu 22.04 maschine. I added the openhab user to the tty group on the Ubuntu Host system

┌─[12:12:02]-[:)]-[felix@grievous]-[/home/felix/server/OpenHAB/]
└──> groups openhab
openhab : openhab tty

and passed the device into my instance in the docker-compose file

devices:
      - "/dev/ttyACM0:/dev/ttyACM0"

and can see it in the docker container

openhab@grievous:~$ ll /dev/ttyACM0
crw-rw---- 1 root dialout 166, 0 11:54 14.10.2023 /dev/ttyACM0

I was able to add the controller via the Main UI and it became Online. Now I have the problem that the controller doesn’t find new devices.

I think I have two problem:

1. I tried adding EXTRA_JAVA_OPTS="-Dgnu.io.rxtx.SerialPorts=/dev/ttyACM0" as described in the docs to my docker compose however OpenHAB fails to start with this
    Launching the openHAB runtime...
    Fehler: Hauptklasse "-Dgnu.io.rxtx.SerialPorts=.dev.ttyACM0" konnte nicht gefunden oder geladen werden
    Ursache: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: "-Dgnu.io.rxtx.SerialPorts=.dev.ttyACM0"

saying it cant find the class I specified. Sadly I didn’t anything concerning this in google or this forum.
  2. In the docs It says that there is an Install code required for device discovery for zigbee 3.0 (which I think I am using). I am unsure whether this is a code of the device I am trying to add (I think this is it) or the coordinator itself. However I can’t find any code in this format on either device, its manual or in qr codes. This is the led controller (device) and this is the controller. Maybe someone has experience with these devices.

Does somebody have a hint for me? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Greetings,
Felix

Edit: This is what I did. Maybe it helps someone in the future =)

1. Using the EXTRA_JAVA_OPTS is not necessary. Just exposing the device to openHAB is all it needs:
        devices:
          - "/dev/ttyZigbee:/dev/ttyACM0"

2. I didn’t find any code, thus I just enabled insecure joining to the network in the coordinator thing settings. Maybe not the best idea, but I didn’t find any other way.