Problems to connect to Gardena cloud service with the Gardena binding

I’m also facing issues as a new user – just wanted to let you know. I’ll be watching this thread for news. A huge thank you to the hard working developers out there; much appreciated!

fyi:

2 Likes

@gerrieg, thank you, I am now able to to connect to Gardena cloud.
Your work is much appreciated!
Peter

Apologies for asking (a potential stupid question;), but is there already a compiled .jar for this version, and where can I find it?

1 Like

https://ci.openhab.org/job/openHAB3-Distribution/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/distributions/openhab-addons/target/openhab-addons-3.4.0-SNAPSHOT.kar

and put it in addons folder. Possibly, you need to reboot and clear openhab cache.

2 Likes

Thank you!

Hi,

can I use this also for the Husqvarna Automower?
As they have the same authentification or do I have to wait??

brgds

Hi,

thank you for fixing this issue. I tried to install the jar file, but I’m a little bit confused:

https://ci.openhab.org/job/openHAB3-Distribution/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/distributions/openhab-addons/target/openhab-addons-3.4.0-SNAPSHOT.kar

This link points to a “kar” file. Never heard of this file type. It is also quite big, about 350MB. Is this the right jar containing the updated gardena addon? Do I have to rename kar to jar?

Regards,
Boris.

EDIT: Ok, just realized I have to open this file with a zip program and pick the addon from repository\org\openhab\addons\bundles\org.openhab.binding.gardena\3.4.0-SNAPSHOT

1 Like

I’ve installed this new jar and deleted and recreated the application in the gardena developer site, than I added apisecret key as the new appkey. Unfortunately I still get the following error: Error 429 null, {“message”:“Limit Exceeded”}

Does anyone have and idea what do I do wrong?

Thanks in advance!

I had the same issue and recreated the application in the gardena developer site about 3 or 5 times. After several tries the bridge was online.

Hi @gerrieg

Thank you for your recent fix of the login problem. I installed the current jar and my bridge is back online. Unfortunately I have two issues with the current build, maybe you can have a look at it?

I have a mower thing. In openhab.log I found following warning message, nevertheless the battery state of the mover is displayed correctly by the item connected to the battery state channel. I don’t know what this warning message is about…

[internal.handler.GardenaThingHandler] - Value of propertyPath 'common.attributes.batteryState.value' can not be casted to Number: class java.lang.String cannot be cast to class java.lang.Number (java.lang.String and java.lang.Number are in module java.base of loader 'bootstrap')

Using the current build I have problems with german “umlaute”. This is a screenshot of my activity item of the mower. Do I have to change something in my configuration?

Best regards,
Boris

Wow, It solved the problem. Thank you!

Still: I don’t understand why did I get the limit error. It was working for months

'common.attributes.batteryState.value' can not be casted to Number: class java.lang.String cannot be cast to class java.lang.Number (java.lang.String and java.lang.Number are in module java.base of loader 'bootstrap') is reported for all Things.

There is a different thread discussing the “429: limit exceeded”, that popped up for many users just recently:

Yes, I’m also watching the different thread.

Turns out, that even with the current build I’m getting an error 429 again after some hours. This version doesn’t fix the error 429 problem.

Hi @cwi

what do you mean with

'common.attributes.batteryState.value' can not be casted to Number: class java.lang.String cannot be cast to class java.lang.Number (java.lang.String and java.lang.Number are in module java.base of loader 'bootstrap') is reported for all Things.

I only have this log entries with the gardena battery Item.

I see that with every (Gardena) Thing’s update, so e.g. for sensor, valve and power socket (although the latter doesn’t use a battery). Any such Thing has a BatteryState in Channels list, but I use it only on a subset, e.g. not on power socket.

Could you fix this for the automower binding as well?
This is unfortunately facing exactly the same issue…

I’m able to connect to Gardena now - using OH 3.4.0.M1 :slight_smile: Thanks a lot for the updated binding! :+1:
Just one question - I’m using a Gardena Pump, but I cannot find a channel containing the water volume forwarded by the pump.
This information is available in the Gardena App - unfortunately only in a very high level, not very detailed.
Is it possible to retrieve this information using the API in OH3 as well?
many thanks :slight_smile:

Hello,

is it possible to retrieve the flow rate and water pressure for Gardena pump “smart Hauswasserwerk 5000/5” while the pump is active?
I cannot find a channel containing this data, but it is available in the Gardena App as in the picture:

Bildschirmfoto 2023-05-05 um 18.27.01