I have been experimenting with OpenHAB for a while and also read many posts in this community. I am stuck with a specific problem regarding the comfoair binding.
I am using OpenHAB 2 and the comfoair binding 1.9. I understand that this is an OpenHAB1 binding, but supposed to work with OpenHAB2. It was installed via PaperUI.
OpenHAB runs on a Windows 10 machine (after some frustrating time, I gave up on the Raspberry and OpenHabian) and so far things work they way they are supposed to. Managed to find my three Sonos devices and can control them. But with the comofair-Binding, I am stuck. I need it to control a Zehnder ComfoAir350 ventilation system. The Windows machine is next to the ventilation device and connected via an ATEN UC232A USB-Serial adapter. I followed this (https://github.com/openhab/openhab1-addons/wiki/Samples-Comfo-Air-Binding) to create a section of the sitemap and items for the ventilation.
When I start OpenHAB, the ComfoEASE control stays on (it should go off, if OpenHAB takes over). This is the first indication, that OpenHAB cannot find the ventilation system. In the UI, I cannot get any values from the ventilation and using the switches, nothing happens.
I thought this is because of me using the wrong port. So I changed the “port:” setting in comofair.cfg to all possible values (/dev/ttyS0 to S5, /dev/ttyUSB0 to 5, COM1 to COM5). The Aten Adapter identifies as COM3 in the Windows Device Manager. After each change I restart OpenHAB to reload the config. But nothing happens.
So, here are a couple of questions:
- Do I need the serial binding in addition to the comfoair binding?
- Is it correct to use “port:COM3” under Windows or do I need to use “port:/dev/ttyUSB2” in the config file?
- The settings for the serial port Baud Rate: 9600, Data Bits: 8, Parity: None, Stop Bits: 1, Flow Control: None. Is that correct?
- Can it be a problem of the USB Adapter?
- Does anybody have the same setup and got it up and running? Can you perhaps send me your comfoair.cfg and snips of sitemap and items?
I have seen this (Comfoair binding (1.9) for Zehnder in openHAB2) thread, but following it, I can still not get it to work.
Any more ideas?