Problems with PaperUI, Rest Api after IDE installation


(Örjan Backsell) #1

Hi,
the problem is after a new installation of :
Eclipse IDE for Java Developers

Version: Photon Release (4.8.0)
Build id: 20180619-1200

and not either PAPER UI or REST API are working as expected and how it has done in earlier installations.
I have installed this version before on the very same HW/OS, and everything has then worked as expected.

When I use REST API will I always got the Response code as: 404, and the
Request URL is as:
http://192.168.1.105:8080/bindings

This link is not working, but if I change it to http://192.168.1.105:8080/rest/bindings, it’s OK, and I will see all bindings.

In Paper UI is it not possible to see any bindings at all, could this be regarded to the very same problem?

BR Basse


Eclipse Bindings Environment Setup Issues
(Rich Koshak) #2

I don’t know anything about running in an ide, but at best as far back as 2.0 the urls to the rest API have anyways included the “rest” part when running outside the ide.


(Örjan Backsell) #3

Hi
Thanks, this is how I believed it would be.
I have done some logging in the IDE running the 2 different links and in the case where it works /rest/extension is the GET command it like:
2019-01-03 16:21:51.006:DBUG:oejh.HttpParser:qtp994369609-37: parseNext s=START HeapByteBuffer@36448caf[p=0,l=455,c=8192,r=455]={<<<GET /rest/extensi…9,sv;q=0.8\r\n\r\n>>>e\r\nAccept-Languag…\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00}

In the other case , /extension is it like:
2019-01-03 16:22:47.175:DBUG:oejh.HttpParser:qtp994369609-36: parseNext s=START HeapByteBuffer@36448caf[p=0,l=424,c=8192,r=424]={<<<GET /extensions H…9,sv;q=0.8\r\n\r\n>>>ge: en-US,en;q=0…\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00}

So it seems like the links has to be the very same way as you describe, even when you have started the webserver from IDE, and this seems for me as it should be.

Still, my problem is to find out how to make it work even from the IDE, I have 2.4 running on another computer and it works just fine, not a single failure before or after the upgrading.

BR Basse


(Rich Koshak) #4

As I don’t do development on OH I have nothing to offer to help.


(Örjan Backsell) #5

Hi,
Thanks anyway, and I have made some progress which might be helpful for someone.

Found out some things todo to make the IDE work at least a little bit better,

In the Run / Run Configurations / Tab Plug-ins
Unset the Plug-ins you don’t like to have running, EX. xx.sample…, xx.audio.xx, xx.voice.xx,xx.javasound.xx etc.
Set Start Level to default ( I have done so for all Plug-ins), Please correct me if this should not be like that for some reason.

There is still problem with the RestAPI but the IDE works better.

Br Basse