I’m not super happy with the node20.xml and it could be related to your issue. Do you have the reinitialize device option on the node20 UI page? If yes try that and repost the new node20 XML. A more detailed option would be to reinitialize with the debug on.
I just wanted to add a new device to my network, which didn’t work (others did), and than I found this thread.
I have a Shelly Wave 1PM Mini here, which gets added as Unknown Device, but Thing Properties show:
zwave_devicetype: 2
zwave_manufacturer: 1120
zwave_deviceid: 143
…
which seems weird, because Shelly should have a manufacturer ID of 0460 (as my other Shellys have). There is also an corresponding entry in OpenSmartHouse Z-Wave Device Database.
What’s wrong here? Is my device sending a wrong manufacturer ID or is OH doing a wrong mapping? Anything I can do?
Is this really the case, if someone uploads some attachment, it’s gonna be complete and thus available? Seems a bit strange, but… shall I register and upload the manual which is available on the Shelly website?
Well, it will need to be “approved” first, but yes, that seems to be all that is required.
I can upload it if you provide me the link.
I appreciate you find this a bit strange, but not all manuals are easy to find - or can be found at all (sometimes we’ve had to scan and upload data). The idea was to try and provide a reasonably complete reference to users so they didn’t have to go searching the web to find information on obscure devices.
By forcing people to provide a core set of information on all devices BEFORE they are approved, we’ve found the information gets added. “I’ll do it later” was previously accepted, and information was often never available leading to problems further down the line…
Minor note. Your TYPE is 0x0002 and the device missing the manual is 0x0009. If that device looks good other than the manual missing, your type:ID pair will need to be added.
I’m sorry, but I might need more help:
4a) references to the TYPE:ID, which is not in the XML file - should I post the file content here? Maybe this is, because the device is “partially recognized” somehow?
OK, it took a while, but in the meantime I registered for OpenSmartHouse, downloaded the XML, integrated it into my ZWave-Binding and added the device - which is working fine.
Hmm, only thing: in the OH UI - bindings: I see 2 Z-Wave Bindings, although I uninstalled it before installing the modified version. Within karaf console, I see only 1 such add-on?
Haven’t seen that. Probably okay if only one bundle in karaf. Not exactly sure of what you did, but..
IIRC the tutorial suggests using bundle:update not uninstalling the existing binding. The other option would be uninstall ZW from the UI, then add the modified binding in the addons folder. You might need feature:install openhab-transport-serial in karaf as that dependency is normally installed when adding ZW from the UI.
I’m running 4.3.5, a few point releases later and a few months later.
I am still seeing “unknown device” for this same Shelly device (Wave 1PM Mini)
Is this still to be expected? I would have thought it’d be in 4.3.5 release.
I’m not sure about the breakdown in the mechanics/communication between the ZW developer and OH central committee, but the ZW DB updates have not been backported to OH4.3.x. The device is only in OH5 snapshots (Java21 and 64-bit OS required).
Also you need to verify that your TYPE:ID is in the current ZW DB for the device.