Problems with trending using rrd4j database

• Platform information: Windows
    • openHAB version: 2.1.0 (with zwave 2.2.0)

I have got a problem with my openhab. All my trends are unstable.
I have not done any changes to my settings, but constantly working with new object.

The most obvious example is a value that from a meeter that has been working for 1 year (i have 22 of them) that shows energy every day and reset at midnight. The value is changing all the time, but something happens. See what happend around 7 nov and also again around 12. nov and been unstable ever since.

I know that RRD4J is using all changes and making some “avarge”, should i use another database instead or is this something else? Have not seen anytihing in my logs about this, but i have some other errors that i have posted without solution.

RRD4J does replace a bunch of values with their averages but that happens as the data gets older, not youger data. So I’m not sure that would explain the data you are seeing.

You can try some other persistence service and then compare the two results. If they look the same the likely culprit is the device.

When creating such a chart, which is starting 4 weeks ago, rrd4j will take all data out of the archive that covers that timeframe. In this archive to data will not change, the way the dat gets into this archive migth be the problem.
If I understand correctly you save energy-comsumption over the day and do reset the value at the end of each day to zero. If one of the archives is doing an average over the end of the day, such an “abnoraml” value could be explained.
Another explanation could be that your system was down during those times.
However, without seeing your archive setup, we can only guess!

Thanks for the answer.
I think i know what did the crash, seems like windows update was doing som update, and since i did not restart it made alof of files write protected, restartet yesterday and so far it is fine.