I’m searching for a way to include local resources from the LAN and found the following thread which seems to address this exact topic: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/openhab/eag6cUqRTaU
My problem now is that I don’t know how to accomplish this. What must I include as a plugin, if necessary, and what’s the syntax to use in the sitemap?
Here is an excerpt from its JavaDoc:
- The proxy servlet is used by image and video widgets. As its name suggests, it proxies the content, so
- that it is possible to include resources (images/videos) from the LAN in the openHAB UI. This is
- especially useful for webcams as you would not want to make them directly available to the internet.
- The servlet registers as “/proxy” and expects the two parameters “sitemap” and “widgetId”. It will
- hence provide the data of the url specified in the according widget. Note that it does NOT allow
- general access to any servers in the LAN - only urls that are specified in a sitemap are accessible.
- It is also possible to use credentials in a url, e.g. “http://user:pwd@localserver/image.jpg” -
- the proxy servlet will be able to access the content and provide it to the openHAB UIs through the
- standard openHAB authentication mechanism (if enabled).
- This servlet also supports data streams, such as a webcam video stream etc.