Pushover actions rule fails

Hi

Just setup Pushover actions in Openhab 2.5 Milestone. I am new to Openhab, but can do basic stuff - i think :slight_smile:

Using Openhab with IHC / Elko controller binding, to control my home automation + alarm.

I want Pushover to send me a notification, when my alarm pir-sensors go off, or when my windows open and the alarm is ON.

I created this rule, but as you can see, it fails:

rule "test pushover"
when   
    Item alarm_pir changed to OPEN
then
	sendPushoverMessage(pushoverBuilder("Test Pushover").withApiKey("xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx").withUser("xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"))
end

The log then says:

2019-12-07 11:08:53.562 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - alarm_pir changed from CLOSED to OPEN

*019-12-07 11:08:53.648 [ERROR] [ntime.internal.engine.RuleEngineImpl] - Rule 'test pushover': org/apache/commons/httpclient/methods/multipart/StringPart

Can anyone help me out - something must be wrong!

Regards.

Remove or obfuscate your API key!

The API-key was outdated - but removed it for now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Have you tried setting up the Pushover.cfg file located in etc/openhab2/services? Not 100% sure that it’s needed but worth giving it a shot.

You can also try restarting OH sudo systemctl restart openhab2 and watch the logs for error regarding the binding.

1 Like

A reset did the trick.

Though, I can’t make the service read the pushover.cfg-file. I just type it in the rule now :slight_smile:

Thanks alot!