QR-Code not shown in homekit config in OH3

It is a light switch. I’ve used “Lighting” as the accessory/characteristic.

ok. this should work. can you tell what kind of error you see in home app? how you item is defined? if you have access to openHAB logs or karaf console this could also help to troubleshoot

Thank you for getting back to me. I think I found the issue…

On my test machine I am able to add the accessory but not on my production server. Both have the latest addon snapshot but only the test machine has the latest openhab snapshot (3.1) the production server runs the stable version (3.0).

1 Like

having the same issue, on main OH3 branche. Any plan when this fix will make it into main?

there were several issues in the this thread.
which one you have? do you see QR-Code?

anyone, to my knowledge, the next stable release 3.1 is planned for summer 2021. on the way to that release we will probably have milestone releases every month or so.
note: you dont need to upgrade the openhab but only the homekit binding.

sorry for being unprecise - yes, that missing QR code is my issue as well. can’t yet tell what happens next, as I am blocked by that.

to your not: when will the homekit binding update get released? Or do you suggest to update it manually the way explained above?

just installed your latest - today - build, QR is displayed now. Will keep you posted on my progress.

really hadn’t expected my next update to be that soon, ran into next problem:

I have added some Homekit-metadata to some of my items, but nothing shows up in the Homekit App. Thus, I checked in the OpenHAB console - also there, nothing.

Then I found that while the the console tells me I am 3.1.0.202102170346 of the Homekit Binding, the OH3 UX shows I am still on 3.0.1 (which can’t be true, otherwise I wouldn’t have the QR code)

digging deeper,I found this in my events log. This item is a Fibaro Roller Shutter 3, and I have channels for blinds and lamella control. I added homekit-metadata to the item group (WindowsCovering) and underlying items (WindowsCovering.CurrentPosition and WindowsCovering.CurrentHorizontalTiltAngle), but have no glue where to add the required TARGET_POSITION and POSITION_STATE

adding a Philips Hue light worked without any problems :slight_smile:

add them to the same item as currentPosition.
Rollershutter type can handle currentPosition, currentPosition and position state

you can either add all 3 of them, e.g.
WindowsCovering.CurrentPosition, WindowsCovering.TargetPosition, WindowsCovering.PositionState

or you can just add WindowsCovering as tag to them item and it will get automatically considered for all mandatory attributes

so, you will have “WindowsCovering” at group and item… looks maybe strange, but should work

ah, that was not immediately clear to me, maybe something to add to the documentation.

As explained, I have two items per roller shutter, one for the blinds control channel, another one for the lamella control channel. Both are part of a group for that roller shutter.

Initially, I had WindowsCovering as metadata on the group, I have now deleted that.

I added WindowsCovering, WindowsCovering.CurrentPosition, WindowsCovering.TargetPosition, WindowsCovering.PositionState and WindowsCovering.HoldPosition to the blinds channel item.

And I added once again WindowsCovering, plus WindowsCovering.CurrentHorizontalTiltAngle and WindowsCovering.TargetHorizonalTiltAngle to the lamella channel item.

This results in two controls in Homekit, one for the blinds and one for the lamella, and both work just fine. So I am almost there.

My hope was I could have one Homekit control, that would then be able to control both the blinds plus the lamella, but it seems this is not possible?

yes, almost there, you just need to put the group back.
here is the example in the text notation

Group           gBlind    			    "Blind with tilt"       						{homekit = "WindowCovering"}
Rollershutter   window_covering         "Blind"                         (gBlind)        {homekit = "WindowCovering"}
Dimmer          window_covering_htilt   "Blind horizontal tilt"         (gBlind)        {homekit = "WindowCovering.CurrentHorizontalTiltAngle, WindowCovering.TargetHorizontalTiltAngle"}
Dimmer          window_covering_vtilt   "Blind vertical tilt"           (gBlind)        {homekit = "WindowCovering.CurrentVerticalTiltAngle, WindowCovering.TargetVerticalTiltAngle"}

tried that; it only gives me another lamella control for the same thing

it looks like something is wrong group configuration.
with the config above i get one control - for blinds and lamella. but i have not tried to create it with UI

I have the same problem and tried these commands to update the binding to the latest snapshot but I just get an error:

Error executing command: https://openhab.jfrog.io/artifactory/libs-snapshot-local/org/openhab/addons/bundles/org.openhab.io.homekit/3.1.0-SNAPSHOT/org.openhab.io.homekit-3.1.0-20210203.032507-42.jar

I guess since this thread is old that’s not the latest snapshot anymore? How do I find the URL for the latest snapshot please? Thanks!

Hi,
Look at this directory:

https://openhab.jfrog.io/artifactory/libs-snapshot-local/org/openhab/addons/bundles/org.openhab.io.homekit/3.1.0-SNAPSHOT/

There you will find the latest snapshots.

e.g. https://openhab.jfrog.io/artifactory/libs-snapshot-local/org/openhab/addons/bundles/org.openhab.io.homekit/3.1.0-SNAPSHOT/org.openhab.io.homekit-3.1.0-20210410.032509-25.jar

BR Dirk

1 Like

Thanks Dirk

I was having the same problem of not seeing the QR code.
I have updated the Homekit addon to the latest snapshot (homekit-3.1.0-20210411.032508-26.jar), but now the HomeKit addon does not show up in the settings page anymore, or in the Misc page.
Using ‘list | grep -i homekit’, it shows that the latest snapshot is installed.
I tried both updating after installing in the UI first, and I tried installing it directly.
I also tried restarting OpenHab, and restarting Chrome.

Any ideas?

The settings for HomeKit binding with the qr code is listet at „other services“…at least for me.

It used to show there for me too, but not with the snapshot installed

Mhh… this is strange.Shows it to me with the snapshot version.
Sorry, but no idea how to fix this for you.