Queue full exception during ZWave thread

Ok, so I removed this issue from the wrong thing handler. This is in fact the same problem I originally found last week, that I wrapped the debug around, but I only removed it from the thing handler, and not the controller thing handler.

I’ll take a look at this tonight.

1 Like

But what is it about this line of code that it started throwing an NPE? You already check for translationProviderLocal being null, so it must be the call to ZWaveActivator.getContext().getBundle()?

Given that the binding didn’t change, I assume this is wrapped up in the various other system changes. I will just remove all this code as it’s only used in HABmin and it was decided that openHAB didn’t want to include this concept in general and the event notification concept was rejected.

Fair enough…

My testing so far of https://github.com/openhab/org.openhab.binding.zwave/pull/1192 looks encouraging. After running inclusion/exclusion I’ve not seen any instances of the NPE and Queue Full exceptions.

Thanks Mark. I’ve not had the chance to test this as the development system for both ZigBee and ZWave is still broken and I’ve done a build and put it in my production system.

I might just merge this based on your testing, although I’m a bit uncomfortable with the development system being down.

I’ve also tested a few heals (of mains powered devices), which ran successfully. No NPEs or Queue Full exceptions.

I didn’t do any heals of battery-devices because I think the heal of battery-powered devices still have issues (as described in my other posts).

1 Like