Working on a User Interface idea that involves OpenHab, and wanted to poll other users to gauge what they use OH for. So basically:
- What devices do you control/monitor/automate through OpenHab? (Doesn’t need to be exact makes or models, just lamp, thermostat etc is sufficient)
- Roughly how many OpenHab items do you have in total? And are these in 1 .items file, or across several?
Thanks in advance.
What about creating a poll?
1.) Nearly everything i find interesting (Light, Weather, energie, plugs, audio, video, irrigation, …)
2.) approx. 50 at the moment, but counting
- garage door openers
- door sensors
- presence through network and bluetooth
- Smoke/CO Alarms
However almost none of it is controlled through a screen based UI. The lights come on or off based on rules and can be overridden through the physical switch. I use a zwave Minimote to control the garage door openers. The HVAC is based on who is home and inside/outside temps. I pretty much only use the screen based UI for debugging purposes.
2.) Around 100 split across eight .items files.
- Lights (Hue Iris, Main lights)
- Alarm system
- Sockets (TV, Coffeee machines, Heated Blanket, Lamps)
- Fire alarm
- Sensors (Energy usage, Outside light, greenhouse temp, greenhouse reservoir level, alarm sensors - doors, pirs etc, house temp)
- AV System
- Door bell
I also have a few virtual items that are controlled by rules:
- Find my iDevice
- Bin times (pulled from council website)
- Must be around 100, and across maybe 7 .items files.