Rachio Smart Sprinkler Controller

you can get it in the Eclipse marketpleace, which is integrated in Paper UI if the service is install (I think by default yes)

However, OH 2.5 will become a standalone project, so no more ESH/Eclipse scope. For this it took almost 4 month to merge the ESH components and refactoring the build system. We are still in a stage , which I don’t consider as all settled. I tried to move a binding (Apple-TV) so the 2.5 build environment, but users reported issues with 2.4 so I went back.

don’t hesitate to ask more questions

May when 2.5M2 gets some stability (or even M3) I will try it again, but this is quite some work and I’m not sure if they already have a new marketplace. Once the code is migrated and tested I need to submit is to the release process -> code review before it becomes part of the distribution and for now I like to work on the Shelly binding :slight_smile:

No, you need to install the marketplace. It isn’t installed by default. you can find it under the Misc tab in PaperUI > Addons.

I have just installed openHAB 2.5.0 Build #1645 version.
It works with org.openhab.binding.rachio-2.3.0-SNAPSHOT.jar.
But after removing from addons and install marketplace I can’t install this binding. See screenshot about error message:

Does this binding support the Rachio 3? Also could someone link me the ReadME for the binding I mean?

Yes, I have Rachio3.

Thanks. Sorry I didn’t realize I already asked that… :zipper_mouth_face:

sorry, I can’t help here, because I’m still running 2.4
@rlkoshak any idea?

I am having a little trouble getting the zone image to pop up in my sitemap.

Item File

String   RachioZone1FrontYardRotorsImageUrl    "Zone image url"    {channel="rachio:zone:4575f4a5:009D6BBE5C92-1:imageUrl"}

Sitemap

Image    item=RachioZone1FrontYardRotorsImageUrl

I am not too familiar with images in sitemaps. Any ideas?

If I couldn’t get this working I could always get the direct image URL from the Rachio API but IDK how to do that.

Thanks!

check PaperUI:Control if you get an image url. It should look like similar to this

Zone Image URL shows the url of the image. The binding redirects the image load to the local system, because Rachio had a format problem at some time (not setting the proper media type). You shoud be able to copy&paste this url in a browser: <oh-ip>:<oh-port><pasted url>. You should see the image in the browser.

You coud put the binding in to DEBUG mode to see the original and reqritten url.

Not without actual error from the logs. @kovacsi2899, what words do you see in the logs?

It works with sitemap. I’m on holiday but I try to check my code tonight.

I will check it next week. I`m not at home currently.

No big deal. Enjoy your holiday!

Here is a screenshot of my sitemap if its helpful. The image is the first item on the page.

Nothing. Only this pop-up message is visible when I click on install button of Rachio Binding:

2019-08-11%20(2)

Now I installed 2.5.0_M2 and same result in case of Rachio binding. I can confirm that original jar file of the binding works when I put it into the addons folder. If you tell what debug shall I turn on I will make another try and extract the information. At the moment nothing is visible nor in openhab. log neither events.log files.

So what’s the problem of you copy the binding into the addons folder? The marketplace is no longer maintained.

This is new in the marketplace and should work as far as I know.

at least what I could say, I uploaded the binding only to the Eclipse market place. Sorry to be unconcrete, but so far I have no 2.5 running - planned for M3

And the logs? That popup has no information. For any error you receive in openHAB, you need to look at and post the error that is printed to the logs.

As I told above:
At the moment nothing is visible nor in openhab.log neither events.log files.
If you tell what debug shall I turn on I will make another try and extract the information.

you should have openhab.log even no binding was started. Usually you see an error on 404/503 errors in PaperUI