I have the impression that the storage size of my influx database is rapidly increasing since my update of openHAB in mid December 2023. Has anyone noticed something similar? How to decrease the database size? How to find storage hungry items?
Here are some background information:
- I made a backup of my openHAB 3.2 conf folder
- I made a backup of the influx database (
influx backup mybackup -t xyz..==)
- installed fresh Xubuntu 23.10, OpenHAB 4.0.4, InfluxDB 2.7.4 etc. to my machine
- setup the influx with the previous token and restored the old data (
influx restore mybackup --full)
- made all necessary changes to the OpenHAB configuration files (added UoM etc.) to get it running again
- added some new items after the upgrade (just some temperature values, by copy’n’paste of old items)
- everything is running fine, in charts I see persisted data from before update together with new data from after the update, So I think that the configuration itself is OK.
- The retention policy for my openhab bucket is 365 days.
The backup has a size of 18GB. After the restore it was not much larger on the disk, but in the 6 weeks since then it more than doubled in size (today 38.5GB). My impression is that it increases rapidly since the update. How can I check what’s going on? How can I find out which data is big (e.g. stored as string instead of number, stored too often)?