Raspbee2

Under advanced there is a reset gateway. Wonder if that resets it?

There must be output of the command

which is written to /tmp directory into the file list-of-installed-packages.txt

So far I thought that the pairing details are stored in the Raspbee itself but it looks like data is stored in /root/.local/share/dresden-elektronik/deCONZ/ . It should be possible to copy these settings to the new instance.
You first may test the reset of the gateway as described by Danny.

Denbian version:
Distributor ID: Raspbian
Description: Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)
Release: 10
Codename: buster

Hello All,
I have a Raspberry Pi 4B, openHabian and Raspbee2.
deconz is installed and running:

[00:05:01] openhabian@openhab:/tmp$ systemctl list-unit-files |grep -i deconz
deconz-gui.service disabled
deconz-homebridge-install.service disabled
deconz-homebridge.service disabled
deconz-init.service disabled
deconz-update.service enabled
deconz-wifi.service enabled
deconz.service enabled

Phoscon App (connected via web on the port 80) shows Firmware not connected.
I added to the /etc/default/openhab2

EXTRA_JAVA_OPTS="-Xms192m -Xmx320m -Dgnu.io.rxtx.SerialPorts=/dev/ttyUSB0:/dev/ttyS0:/dev/ttyS2:/dev/ttyACM0:/dev/ttyAMA0"

But nothing change on the Phoscon App.

I tried to change /boot/config.txt by adding a last line with
enable_uart=1
and after the reboot, I am not able to coonect via SSH or to the web interface via port 8080.
I tried to reinstall everthing several time, but I do not know how to debug it further.

Would you have advise to share?

Did you follow instructions to enable serial port in openhabian config?

Also deconz instructions for serial port?

I did not need to add all the serial port info to java options for my conbee.

did you follow step 6 ( RaspBee Installation ) as you are on Pi 4B ?
any entry in output of command dmesg after boot that shows that the device is detected ?

First of all, thanks for your sharing!

I looked for several posts, comments, instructions on the web. However, I think that due to my inexperience, it was not clear to me what to do. So, I tried to follow the instructions based on my interpretation with the aim to solve the issue and aquire knwohow.
However, let me summurize what I finally did and its result.

1. ensured that the user openHAB is in the group dialout , It was the case since the installation

2. in the openhabian-config, I disable the bluetooth. After this step, I had to remove the raspbee2 from the pi (this is most recent update) otherwise the OH is not accessible via putty or on the port 8080.

3. in the openhabian-config, I disable the serialport. After this step I tried to replug the raspbee into the board and the OH worked.

4. commands proposed in this post few lines above (with sudo apt upgrade, after the update)

1. as suggested, I did the following step:
  1. in the /lib/systemd/system/deconz.service change the port to 8090 instead of 80

With these steps, it works!

My guess is that the proposer order of actions and/or the variant on my step 3 are the key of success. Thanks for your kind support.

2 Likes