Raspberry 3 B+ WIFI on Openhabian

I did understand your suggestion but as I said I have already openHABian on this rpi3b+, I have another rpi 2 b+ with oh1.7x and I know from experience that installing oh is a pain! Anyhow thanks for the answer, still searching how to make rpi3b+ with openHABian (last version) WiFi connection!

I had similar troubles with openhabian and i ended up installing raspbian first and then openhab on top of it. As far as I was able to see, the wifi configurations were the same but raspbian was connected while openhabian wasnā€™t.
Maybe openhabian was possibly lacking some patch that was released for raspbian.
Therefore it is a good advice to check if standard raspbian can connect

Iā€™m faceing a strange fact right now! Donā€™t ask me how or when because I donā€™t know, but right now the WiFi is working! yesterday evening i said to try an WiFi adaptor to replace the lan cable and I when plugged the adapter (it is a netis) the WiFi was working but the led on the adaptor was dead (not blinking) and still I had connection to openHABian via ssh and via app! I said what the hell is going on! And I took out the WiFi adapter and BANG! miracles happen! I donā€™t know which one of the two settings Iā€™ve made is the right one: setting the WiFi right after you right the openHABian sd image on the sad card or after openHABian installation using openHABian-config! I tested the WiFi After the openHABian install but wasnā€™t communicating but I canā€™t tell which one of the 2 is the way to go!
First impression now: the distance between rpi and router is like 2 or 3 meters and no walls or other objects to affect the network but the communication is very poor! I press the roller shutter up button on the mobile app and it goes up after 2 seconds!
Conclusion: after this experience I would not recommend to chose the rpi WiFi connection using its integrated chip!

Hi @hhors, i got my pi3b+ running using

sudo rfkill unblock wifi

and after that running

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

done so the first-boot.sh runs without errors

I have found my problem. My wifi password contains a $ character. I have changed my password and save the ssid and password in the openhabian.conf and know I have wifi from the start up.

1 Like