Raspberry Pi 3 with zigbee (RaspBee) in Europe

I am sorry for being unclear. During Paper UI Phoscon-GW thing configuration, under configuration parameters you have to give a name of a registered Hue bridge user. Same that you stated above. I cannot recall that I ever registered a hue bridge user? Question is where and how do I get hue bridge user name? thanks in advance.

I have a question too. How does this relate to the original posters issue of Raspbee and the zigbee binding when you list an issue with neither? The Zigbee developer does not work on those other bindings.

Start a new thread!

I may be wrong and apologise for that. I am sure you are aware that Phoscon-GW is shield/HAT for Raspbee. IĀ“ll start new thread.

Same here. I havenā€™t created a HUE bridge user tooā€¦
But: This does not matter, since you are ā€œtreatingā€ the Deconz/Phoscon as your HUE bridge through the HUE binding.

Means: Just let the username field empty.
But: Remember to put your Deconz in ā€œpeering modeā€ as you would do by pressing the button on a real HUE bridge. In Phoscon this is done by clicking the ā€œAuthenticate Appā€ button in the UI before clicking the blue button in PaperUI:

Here again the explanation from above:

Select a ā€œHUE Bridgeā€ to be added. (a genuine HUE bridge will be discovered automatically, but the Deconz-HUE must be configured manually) .

Before proceeding, go back to your Deconz window and click in the Gateway -> Advanced configuration -> Authenticate app. This does the same as pressing the connect button a real HUE bridge:

EDIT: Just wanted to add, that Iā€™m not using that Deconz/Phoscon setup anymore in my installation. I just try to help from memory as good as I can :wink:

Not needed for me.

As we are talking here since 2018 how to use Raspbee-HAT on a RaspberryPi with openHAB and considered the Deconz/Phoscon-HUE-Emulation together with the HUE binding as a possible way, it feels right for me staying hereā€¦

1 Like