Raspberry pi 4 2Gb change to 4Gb

Hi friends,

today I get my new raspberry pi with 4Gb and I wand to use it for openhabian. My system is working in the moment with the 2Gb Version of the Rasp 4.

What´s the best solution to change the Raspberrys using the same openhabian (could I swap the SD Card only? Both are Raspberry Pis 4)

Thanks for help
Wish a nice weekend

Back up your card and give it a try. It’ll probably work just fine since both are RPi 4s so the only real difference I’m aware of is the amount of RAM. But always back up first just in case.

You should be able to just exchange SD cards.
No point in replacing a 2GB RPi4 though so why at all.

Thank you. What do you think is the best way to backup first?

If you don’t have an answer to that question then stop now and start doing a little bit of looking to develop a backup and restore process that makes sense for you. You should not run any service like openHAB without a defined and tested backup and restore procedure, especially if you are only one power failure away from your entire SD card becoming corrupted.

There are tons and tons of threads on this forum and the internet at wide. Amanda is built into the openHABian image. Some people clone the SD cards. Some use stuff like Ansible to set up and configure machines so only the data itself needs to be backed up.

As Rich answered, take your turn to develop your backup process now.
As you have openHABian, there’s the auto backup feature and Amanda backup system available so read up on those.

Thank you - the Amanda Backup is installed, but I don’t know how to bring the backup to a SD Card.

Then read the docs I linked to.

Thank you - sorry best view with open eyes :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like