Raspberry Pi Imager Download Error

Hey guys,

I’m following the installation instructions for openHABian on an 8 gig RPI 4. I am encountering an error with the Raspberry Pi Imager when I select Other specific purpose OS then Home assistants and home automation then the 32 or 64 bit version of openHABian. Any ideas?

I want to make sure I’m sticking to the recommended hardware and installation instructions to ensure stability in the future. Any ideas?

Also, should I go 32 bit or 64 bit? I have an RPI 4 with 8gigs of ram.

Thanks
JM

It looks like the image was just updated a few hours ago, so I suspect that the links haven’t been updated yet in the Raspberry Pi Imager. In the meantime, you can just download it and then use the imager to install the local file.

I have no opinion on 32 vs 64. 64bit has higher memory usage, but it should be fine on an 8GB RPi.

Thanks!

Are there any compatibility issues with using the 64 bit version?

I have no idea about compatibility. You need 64bit to take advantage of 8GB of RAM, but it doesn’t make much difference if your programs are 32bit.

apparently, jsscripting is super slow to load on 32bit. So I’d suggest 64bit.

one last question: I set up SD card mirroring via the sudo openhabian-config command and then selecting option 53. It ran the first backup successfully. Does this continue to run automatically in the background every so often keeping the backup image up to date or do I need to run it each time?

Whats the difference between it and Amanda (option 52)?

The documentation is your friend. :wink:

2 Likes

The naming-method of the filenames in the repository had been changed.
That’s why the imager is currently not working.

1 Like

Thanks and ya, apparently I was doing this too late last night and completely missed half of the instructions…

No worries, it’s easy to get caught up asking questions when someone’s answering. We all do it.

1 Like

Nope, I stumbled over this issue by myself and as the Pi Imager states 2024-02-04
So this is no issue with Pi Imager, but the links inside the rpi-imager-openhab.json file, which is the source for the Pi Imager.
See