I’m writing this after investigating my problem for 2 days.
I bought a RaspberryPi4 Model B and I wanted to use and discovery the possibilities of OpenHab2.
No google page and no Youtube video can answer my question: How can I add items/bindings/etc. (not via GUI) via VS Code?
What I did:
- Package repository install https://www.openhab.org/docs/installation/linux.html#package-repository-installation
- Everything’s up and running
- I can acces GUI via http//localhost:8080/
- I added
huebinding for my phillips lights
openhab ist located in
/etc/openhab2. User and group
openhab own this folder.
What I tried so far:
- create files via user
pi(of course not possible)
- (desperate) root access to this folder let me create files, but I cant create them in VS Code
- connect via ssh from macOS as openhab user (not possible)
- login as openhab user (not possible)
In the end
I just want to add files in directory
I don’t know how all the openHAB videos on YT show this (easy?) step and they create items via VS Code and everything is working. I can’t do that.
I am thankful for every help!