RasPi-2 - OpenHab 2.1.0 - Really Bad Performance

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: Raspberry Pi 2
    • Java Runtime Environment: openjdk version “1.8.0_40-internal”
    • openHAB version: 2.1.0 release
  • Issue of the topic: Very slow.

I’ve seen post about this before, but everything has been explained away and just closed. But this is just dire. Like MINUTES between toggling a switch and having the device actually switch.

I can’t conceive of what would be necessary for a java process to peg the CPU at 100% for minutes in order to just tell ZWay to toggle a switch.

If you had read the prerequisits carefully, you might have seen that openjdk is not recommended. Either use Oracle jdk or Zulu.

Actually Imissed that… And was most scratching my head about the closing with no further investigation.

I’ve replace the JDK, and Oracle Java is much better… Usually. But strikingly inconsistent. It’s still really slow to startup. 3-4 minutes from initial start to HABmin being available.

It’s switching that causes me the most issues. For example, I have a Qubino dual switch in the garden with a string of LED lights on it. Direct via ZWay or Domoticz, it’s fairly instant to turn them on & off. With oracle jdk the first time I switched the Qubino was fairly quick. 1-2 seconds. But the second attempt was really slow. About 40 seconds. Then it was quick again… ~ 2secs.

Only anecdotal at the moment, but switching on seems to take about 2 seconds… off about 15 seconds. But doing it again and it’s about 1 second on and off… When it’s that quick it’s fine. But it’s not always that quick.

One thing that is consistent are logs like this

2017-12-03 22:09:38.773 [WARN ] [ore.internal.events.OSGiEventManager] - Dispatching event to subscriber ‘org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.ThingManager@da28c4’ takes more than 5000ms.

But i’m not sure whether this is a real issue or not.