Raw copy SD error, but it works

Platform information:
Release = Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)
Kernel = Linux 5.4.51-v7l+
Platform = Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.1 - 2GB
openHAB 2.5.9-1 (Release Build)

[09:47:46] openhabian@openhab:~$ java --version
openjdk 11.0.8 2020-07-14 LTS
OpenJDK Runtime Environment Zulu11.41+75-CA (build 11.0.8+10-LTS)
OpenJDK Client VM Zulu11.41+75-CA (build 11.0.8+10-LTS, mixed mode)

I have run Option 54- Raw Copy SD several couple of times. I get the following message:

However, when I use the card, it seems to work fine.  In the start logs there was only one anomaly
020-09-23 10:14:30.418 [ERROR] [me.storage.json.internal.JsonStorage] - Error reading JsonDB from /var/lib/openhab2/jsondb/org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.Thing.json. Cause com.google.gson.stream.MalformedJsonException: Unterminated array at line 8347 column 10 path $.zwave:device:f55aa6d7:node43.value.channels[3].channelTypeUID.segments[2].
2020-09-23 10:14:30.422 [INFO ] [me.storage.json.internal.JsonStorage] - Json storage file at '/var/lib/openhab2/jsondb/org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.Thing.json' seems to be corrupt - checking for a backup.
2020-09-23 10:14:30.468 [INFO ] [me.storage.json.internal.JsonStorage] - Json storage file at '/var/lib/openhab2/jsondb/backup/1600864802678--org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.Thing.json' is used (backup 1).

It appears the file above changed during the copy process, probably the cause of the error, but a back-up was loaded. My question is, can the openhabian-config be run with openhab2 stopped? That might make for a cleaner copy. At the partition level everything also looks good.
lsblk after 'failed' SD copy


Sure but there is no need to. Files to change have no impact on the copy action.

Raw SD copy, as you will have read (will you ?) is beta so still in the works.
Upgrade to latest in master branch and try again. Set debugmode=maximum in /etc/openhabian.conf to get detailed output to see where it’s failing if it does.

Thanks for the answer and feedback.

Actually I thought the Raw SD copy was “alpha” and use at your own risk, but I was having big problems with something else so I thought I would gamble. Since it worked, despite the error message, I used it twice more. In the documentation it implied as an alpha tester I should provide feedback, so the last time I collected the information in the post above.

I’m just a novice, so I’m sorry I did not collect the right information or properly diagnose what I thought might be the problem. I’m still working on my other problem, but after I’m done I’ll try your suggestions.

Again thanks

Had an opportunity to test Raw SD sooner than I thought. It worked fine with no errors on master branch & max debug, however, I also stopped openhab2 just in case.
marked as solution