React to incoming mail

Does

subject: ".*Abfuhrtermine.*"

make a difference?

No, just checked the ".*Abfuhrtermine.*" version. No effect. Even without this filter the content string is “NULL”.

Do you need this just for the Garbage collection? Maybe you have an ical-calender with the data? Here is how I solved it:

Configured the icalender-Binding with the official ical-Link to the garbage collection of my town.
Then I use the “next_title” and “next_start” channels. Here is my rule for the notification at 2pm one day before the garbage collection:

rule "Müll Benachrichtigung"
when
    Time cron "0 0 14 ? * *"
then
    val nextTitle = Abfallkalender_NextTitel.state.toString // Titel des nächsten Termins

if(now.isAfter((Abfallkalender_Next.state as DateTimeType).getZonedDateTime.minusMinutes(780)) && nextTitle != "Tonnentausch") {
        val notificationMsg = "Morgen: " + nextTitle
        sendBroadcastNotification(notificationMsg)
    }
end

IT’s very simpel and works perfect, maybe this helps you to do it without mails.

That was my first thought. Unfortunately, my garbage collector does not offer an ical-Link.

Next attempt was müll.io. But here the data for my town (village :wink: ) is not provide, too.

What is provide is an pdf-file or the mail.

I tried with your mail and it works fine for me with latest snapshot. There have been no changes to this part of the code since July last year (when this feature was introduced), so this is quite surprising.

UID: mail:imap:010774be9c
label: IMAP-Server
thingTypeUID: mail:imap
configuration:
  refresh: 60
  hostname: imap.strato.de
  password: <redacted>
  security: SSL
  username: <redacted>
channels:
  - id: count
    channelTypeUID: mail:mailcount
    label: Anzahl der E-Mails
    description: ""
    configuration:
      folder: INBOX
  - id: content
    channelTypeUID: mail:content
    label: Content
    description: ""
    configuration:
      subject: .*Abfuhrtermine.*
      folder: INBOX
      markAsRead: true
17:56:25.336 | INFO  | OH-eventexecutor-2-1 | openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent  | 182 | Item 'IMAPServer_Anzahl_der_EMails' changed from 1672 to 1673
17:57:29.378 | INFO  | OH-eventexecutor-2-1 | openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent  | 182 | Item 'IMAPServer_Content' changed from NULL to --------------QdIzZoXi1nl0iJZleNL0hLXW
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

- Montag, 18.03.2024 Restmülltonne 80 l - 360 l, 4 wö - Montag, 
18.03.2024 Restmülltonne 1.100 l, 4 wö - Montag, 18.03.2024 
Restmülltonne 1.100 l, 2 wö

--------------QdIzZoXi1nl0iJZleNL0hLXW
Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
  <head>

<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    <div
style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, &quot;Helvetica Neue&quot;, &quot;Segoe UI&quot;, Arial, sans-serif, &quot;Apple Color Emoji&quot;, &quot;Segoe UI Emoji&quot;, &quot;Segoe UI Symbol&quot;; font-size: 13px; font-style: normal; font-variant-ligatures: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; white-space: pre-wrap; text-decoration-thickness: initial; text-decoration-style: initial; text-decoration-color: initial;">- Montag, 18.03.2024 Restmülltonne 80 l - 360 l, 4 wö 
- Montag, 18.03.2024 Restmülltonne 1.100 l, 4 wö 
- Montag, 18.03.2024 Restmülltonne 1.100 l, 2 wö</div>
    <pre class="moz-signature" cols="72">
</pre>
  </body>
</html>

--------------QdIzZoXi1nl0iJZleNL0hLXW--

17:58:31.309 | INFO  | OH-eventexecutor-2-1 | openhab.event.ItemStateChangedEvent  | 182 | Item 'IMAPServer_Anzahl_der_EMails' changed from 1673 to 1674

It’s also interesting that your log shows com.sun.mail.imap.IMAPInputStream as content class, because for me it is javax.mail.internet.MimeMultipart. I have added code to handle that, would you like to try it?

Sure, what should I do?

which openHAB Version? 4.0 oder 4.1?

From the “Über” page:
openHAB 4.1.1
Release Build

Go to the karaf console (see here for details how to get there) and type

update org.openhab.binding.mail https://download.smarthomej.org/org.openhab.binding.mail-4.2.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

Please set the bidning to TRACE logging again. Thanks!

1 Like

This worked!

Log output is (edited)

2024-03-26 18:59:19.259 [DEBUG] [inding.mail.internal.POP3IMAPHandler] - Processing `Ihre Abfuhrtermine` from `"example" <example@exampel.org>`
2024-03-26 18:59:19.278 [TRACE] [inding.mail.internal.POP3IMAPHandler] - Detected IMAPInputStream message
2024-03-26 18:59:19.299 [TRACE] [inding.mail.internal.POP3IMAPHandler] - Found content 'This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

The item shows the content of the body!:

Thank you very much for the effort.

1 Like

FTR: [mail] Fix content processing by J-N-K · Pull Request #16580 · openhab/openhab-addons · GitHub

2 Likes