Reading/parsing the device information

Hello everyone,

I am new on openhab and I love it despite some xxx numbers of hours trying to understand why I can’t display the Temperature of my device on my Basic UI…

I see the Information on my MQTT sent by the device.

The sitemap is pretty simple ;

and the item is as simple as a musique note.

I have tried the other method :default]" } nothing!!!
Here I’m also trying to get the Uptime of one of my Sonoff…which is the simplest thing to do. No way!

I am getting nothing on my Classic UI for example

As you can see the MQTT is working good on my RaspberryPI along with OH2.

The Mqtt Action is turned OFF,

All Transformations are INSTALLED…just in case.

Thank you for your help guys!!!.

Sofian

Hi,
in SonoffSC_DWS item definition please remove “sensor:” before JSONPATH, then it should work.
See my example:

Number  BME680_Temp "BME Temp [%.1f °C]" (gEasy) { mqtt="<[wrt:tele/Kornel/SENSOR:state:JSONPATH($.BME680.Temperature)]"}

Don’t give up!

1 Like

For SoffUptime item you have to correct definition, change [%. Minutes] to [%d Hours]. I belive sonoff-tasmota is reporting uptime in hours, not minutes, unless you modified code.

Number SoffUptime "Sonoff-Uptime [%d Hours]" <clock> {mqtt.....}

Good luck!

1 Like

Waaaaaa Kluszczyn you made my day Bro!!!

1 Like

Thank you!!!

@Saladin can you please share which sensor ur using which provide airquality,noise,light,humidity and temp? is it one or more?

Hi community.

Everything has stopped working for some reasons.
Since maybe there was some updates???

I don’t have my numbers anymore on my openhab app !!!

• There was any changes on parsing method or someting?
  • Any idea??

Thanks

If “everything has stopped” maybe you need to plug something in.

I guess though, that maybe the problem is bit more specific? Could you give some detail on that?

If you’ve allowed it to, openHAB may well have updated, there has been a major version released in recent months.

1 Like

Yes maybe the new update. Because everything was working before. I use wemos with bme sensors.
mqtt and all data chain was working until few weeks ago.

I have no data on my Openhab app.

Where do you think I need to look at ?

Thank you

Which version of openHAB is running on your machine ? Which version of MQTT are you using ?

If you’re using MQTT1, pls. look into PaperUI System-Settings and check if the Legacy-Swich is on

In my case it is set to off as I do not using any 1.x Bindings were 2.x Bindings are possible.

1 Like