Recently I posted a question with the title: "Is this application all in java?" and was banned

Hello rlkoshak,

Thank you for your reply.

Darn you dissected me there.

I agree the post was not polite. I am sorry for that. I was actually coming to smooth things over, then I tried to login in and received the following message: “Account suspended until February 19, 3021: Trolling”. That is not a short period of time =D

My main experience in java was developing for embed apps. Several years. I did some stuff outside it, specially for internal apps for banks, some descent money in there. I dropped the career, became a
organic farmer and have and industry that process fruits. But still a developer, always. I do some good stuff here and there. My farms are all automated, my production line, unique.

OpenHab is nice. Sweet interface, well documented, a lot of hard work from a lot of people there. Being very clear about my evil intentions with OpenHab, I developed a system to help M2M communicate better through LORA within the payload and I needed a nice interface to do reporting on the exchanges and in my farms there are no reliable internet to use cloud. So I was looking for something almost ready in UI and other that would talk MQTT or other so it would be somewhat easier to implement. So I tried to look for the scripts, after several hours reading your docs on the website - I never went to GitHub before to check there, my mistake, it would have been clear then, usually is PHP/C/C++/Python/Perl/Javascript, then boom: JAVA. I was so frustrated that I wrote the post.

Again sorry for my rudeness, please unban me. Even with organic feeding I do not see myself living until 3021.

Rom Pereira

Hello mhilbush,

Thank you for your reply.

I do agree, I wanted to explain and get unbanned.

Sorry for the mess.

Rom

I banned you due to user complaints about trolling. With 2min reading time of your account and just a single post that was just virtual peeing on our sofa as Gaël said nicely and an absolute waste of time to any reader, I agreed.
That’s trolling indeed and your post does not belong into off-topic or anywhere else but the trashbin.

Then I’m sorry to say but that was about one of the worst openings to a proper discussion I’ve ever seen.
Ok so here’s your 2nd chance.
I removed your ban but I expect you to read, inhale and follow the community guidelines from now on.
The IMHO most important one is not to waste anyone’s time.

2 Likes

Can we all agree to close this thread to prevent it from coming back like a zombie every time a new user happens upon it? I’ll wait a couple hours and then close it unless someone speaks up.

10 Likes

Hello mstormi,

Thank you for your explanation.

I will read and use it.

Sorry for the mess,

Rom Pereira