Recommendation for Z-Wave gateway?

I have a number of remote OH nodes with z-wave as my z-wave network was a bit big and stretched. It is great and nice and fast. Hope you enjoy it.

Hi,

I just thought I’d mention that I was surprised at the OP’s antipathy towards USB stick controllers. I have been using an Aeotec USB stick for nine years now with no serious issues. I have a modest network of 10 devices and my home control has been rock solid. I haven’t yet migrated to OH3, so there is that to look forward to.

1 Like

The OH2 Repos disappear with bintray on May 1.

Maybe it isn’t the stick itself but the combination of the stick with the enviroment it runs in. I can’t change the location, the operating system (at least not short-term) and some other things, so i was looking to change the device. The test with a remote-instance is still going well :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @rlkoshak,

I’ve been running OH on a QNAP server for years without any problems worth mentioning. However, I use the OH-Docker in the Container Station. In the meantime, OH 3.1 is running there.

The first Z-Wave installation was - as you indicated - a bit tricky, but it runs stable in the sense that I configured it once and have never had to change it again since then, even after a hardware change - the settings were automatically migrated to the new NAS.

However, my Z-Wave network twitches around every now and then, but I don’t know whether this is due to QNAP, Docker, the USB stick, the distance, location in 19" rack or other interference. Sometimes it runs great for weeks, sometimes only some of the devices work, sometimes I have to restart the openHAB several times until it works properly. All other protocols included do not have such problems.

Therefore this topic “remote z-wave controller” is also interesting for me. I will now try to change the stick and a remote OH3 on an RPi with RaZberry 2, whether that brings an improvement.

Topic is old I know I know I know

But I guess ( and joggling to buy one)
https://z-wave.me/products/hub/
Is what the TO was searching for?