Recurring Samba issues

I keep having trouble with the Samba Server in openhabian.
Less than two weeks ago i repaired the problems by reinstalling the samba server


and some 4 days ago the same problems.

As the previous time I did a manual install of Samba and was faced with some permission issues, this time I did the re-install via the config tool… only to be faced with other issues, that now a password was required for access to the samba shares, …which subsequently didnt work.
That ofcourse I could solve by opening up the shares to the public… but it remains a nuisance.

I have seen several other people having problems with samba, but have not seen a solution yet