Refactoring a binding into another GIT repository

I’m curious if anyone has run into this before, or has any ideas. I’m sort of at an impasse here …

I have a few bindings I wrote a year ago (on 2.2.0) that I wanted to update with 2.3/2.4 to get the units of measure support. I had used the scripts to create the binding skeleton in the source tree from the OpenHAB repo, but none of these are bindings I’d ever push back to the OH tree, as they’re bindings running against custom firmware on custom hardware made on custom PCBs, etc… even if I was to distribute gerbers and the firmware, I can’t see anyone ever getting boards fabbed,etc…

I never particularly liked the bindings sitting in the OH tree because I basically was revision controlling them with ZIP files instead of just committing them into my own repo. I debated forking OH and committing them into my private fork of the repo, but it seems wasteful. So as part of upgrading my environment to the latest 2.4 dev, I moved things into their own repo, and included the projects in the workspace. Then I realized I really don’t get how dependency management is working with the ESH framework, because it seems nothing is referenced in the Maven POM files. (I assumed the references that weren’t in mine were coming from the OH parent POMs…)

My first stab was replicating the parent POM structure in the OSH bindings, but realized there’s not really any dependencies in them – just module definitions. Then I dug into the ZWave binding (since its in its own repo), but its also equally empty except for junit/test dependencies.

The end result is that the code, which built under the OH bindings tree, fails to build with dependency failures like this:

Cannot resolve project dependencies:
[ERROR] Software being installed: {binding}
[ERROR] Missing requirement: org.eclipse.smarthome.config.discovery 0.10.0.201810180807 requires ‘java.package; com.google.common.base 0.0.0’ but it could not be found
[ERROR] Cannot satisfy dependency: org.eclipse.smarthome.config.discovery.upnp 0.10.0.201810180807 depends on: java.package; org.eclipse.smarthome.config.discovery 0.0.0
[ERROR] Cannot satisfy dependency: {binding}.qualifier depends on: osgi.bundle; org.eclipse.smarthome.config.discovery.upnp 0.0.0

I’m assuming the fact that it can resolve anything at all comes from some magic up in the openhab pom-tycho, and it seems to find most of the core bits, but those are not resolving. I’m guessing there’s some bit of configuration hiding somewhere in the OH bindings tree that I missed …

Any clues? I figure worst case I can just clone the repo but it seems like I shouldn’t have to.