Release Candidate and Support: Amazon Echo Control Binding

hi @michi,

do you know about this problem?
Seems to be changes at the alexa-website…

ralph

Can you tell me where to find the latest snapshot to download specifically the echo jar? The download directories seem to change every now and then. I am not using the openhabian-config to update.

https://openhab.jfrog.io/openhab/libs-pullrequest-local/org/openhab/addons/bundles/

Hello everyone and especially to the developers of this module,
@ottogj @michi

For some time now, Amazon has been making major changes to their identification page and home automation communities have been trying to understand what has changed and what needs to be corrected.
I take care of the Alexa-API module for Jeedom and I’m stuck

I see that Apollon77 is also in trouble.

I tested your version 2.5.7 and it works. Can you put us on the track to correct the problem?
A thousand thanks to all of you.

1 Like

Je crois que apolon77 est en train de rectifier le tir sur iobroker/alexaremote2 .

Je crois que tu aura plus de feedback de son côté puisque l’auteur ici ne répond plus depuis un bout ( des modifs récentes on étés faites par la communauté) .

1 Like

I am now having the same problem as @RalphSester.

The binding suddenly stopped working this night and I am simply not able to login any longer. I am definitely using the right credentials, but I get the message " “Please enter a valid email or phone number”, simply as if my account would not exist any longer.

I can login on the official Amazon website without any problem.

No matter if I am using 2.5.6 or the 2.5.7-SNAPSHOT version.

Any ideas?

If I try to login with another E-Mail address (from an old Amazon account I do not use any longer) I am stuck in the “change the password”-loop.

This is an international forum - please type english!

Please try to login with your amazonaccount in the binding-website. type your e-mail an password manually. do not use a browser-stored or cached credentials. this was the trick for me…

Absolutely no chance.

Tried it from different PC’s and different browsers.
I changed my Amazon password several times, now even when I try to login on the normal website I have to confirm my identity with an OTP…

As I said before: this is a known issue and already investigated. It seems that Amazon changed some parts of the login process.

3 Likes

Dear Colleagues,

I have update binding to 2.5.7 and after that TTS is not working, I have checked and command is send withou any issue or log from openhab. May you guys are expiriences the same?

Have you cheked the volume?

Yes, even the lights when echo dot start to speak does not get up…

2020-07-16 08:04:30.312 [ome.event.ItemCommandEvent] - Item ‘TTS’ received command 1

2020-07-16 08:04:30.341 [ome.event.ItemCommandEvent] - Item ‘Echo_Living_Room_TTS’ received command Al�cia, voc� � tudo na minha vida, papai te ama polakita

2020-07-16 08:04:30.408 [nt.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - Echo_Living_Room_TTS predicted to become Al�cia, voc� � tudo na minha vida, papai te ama polakita

2020-07-16 08:04:30.442 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Echo_Living_Room_TTS changed from to Al�cia, voc� � tudo na minha vida, papai te ama polakita

2020-07-16 08:04:32.171 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Echo_Living_Room_TTS changed from Al�cia, voc� � tudo na minha vida, papai te ama polakita to

I think it is a “security” problem, that their site detects a “redirect” to amazon.com via an IP (openhab IP) when different from the one detected in the browser. I can’t launch a browser from within openhab (RPi), so could someone with browser access within their openhab install please test?

That did not work for me.

1 Like

I have the same issue with the version that was provided in this thread for download. The Text to speech does not work. It is issue correctly but afterwards as shown in my exaple deleted immediately after 2 sec:

2020-07-22 18:34:08.934 [ome.event.ItemCommandEvent] - Item 'Echo_Markus_TTS' received command Es ist alles in Ordnung, nichts ist offen.
2020-07-22 18:34:08.937 [nt.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - Echo_Markus_TTS predicted to become Es ist alles in Ordnung, nichts ist offen.
2020-07-22 18:34:08.952 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Echo_Markus_TTS changed from to Es ist alles in Ordnung, nichts ist offen.
2020-07-22 18:34:10.156 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Echo_Markus_TTS changed from Es ist alles in Ordnung, nichts ist offen. to **(NOTHING HERE)**

Any idea how to get this working again? I use the TTS very intensivly to inform the family about certain states of the house, welcome etc. Everything else seems fine, the “Good Monring” announcements etc. work as designed.

Regards Markus

Check the developer thread, Trinitus01 is implementing some fixes:

Changing the account.thing (simply a new account ID) did it for me.
Immediately after changing I was able to log in again.

3 Likes

Thanks for the hint. That worked for me too!

1 Like

I tried that too. Did not work with 2.5.6. And after your message I tried it yet again and it failed yet again.