Release Candidate and Support: Amazon Echo Control Binding

that did it, a clean log once again :slight_smile: I can relax again.

an addition: I deleted the binding, all echo devices and the Amazon account. Then I reinstalled Binding 2.5.10. Immediately afterwards I can no longer use Habpanel, the message ā€œconnection lost ā€¦ā€.

Hi

is it possible to somehow control apple music?
It is supported by alexa for a few month now i think. i can start a playlist with a voice command. so i should be able to (at least with a workaround with sending my command via string) start playing a apple music song/playlist. But what about controls?

Thank you!

Different problem since 2.5.7:
The account cannot be linked to the OH installation. Now I am on 2.5.9 and if I am logged in in my Account the Account-Thing changed from Offline to Online. When I logging out the OH Thing change from Online to Offline.

I deleted the items without any result. This was with 2.5.7. Today I tried again with a new Bridge - same problem. Any suggestions from other side?

thanks. works as expected

I have been having trouble re-linking the Amazon binding to my account since a password change and now the 2FA link getting sent to my phone. I updated to the latest version and I am getting much closer but still having issues.

I have uninstalled the binding removed my old account, created a new one with a new ID. I sign in through the http://openhabIP/amazonechocontrol, and I get the 2FA on my cell phone.

But before I hit approve it already re-directs back to the main amazon login screen for the binding. I have tried multiple devices, creating a new account again, restarting openhab etc. Any suggestions?

This worked for me.

Yes. I can confirm that. You have to activate the two-step verification in your Amazon account under Account / Login and Security. Then the registration process works in OH.

I can confirm that too for oh3

Perfect! That worked for me as well. Thank you!

Any idea what could be causing the below error? It appears to be trying (and failing) to parse 2020-10-11TnullZ for some reason - this started happening a couple of weeks ago on 2.5.9 and also occurs on 2.5.10-SNAPSHOT

2020-10-11 17:46:47.126 [ERROR] [trol.internal.handler.AccountHandler] - refresh data fails with unexpected error
java.time.format.DateTimeParseException: Text '2020-10-11TnullZ' could not be parsed at index 11
    at java.time.format.DateTimeFormatter.parseResolved0(DateTimeFormatter.java:1949) ~[?:1.8.0_265]
    at java.time.format.DateTimeFormatter.parse(DateTimeFormatter.java:1851) ~[?:1.8.0_265]
    at java.time.ZonedDateTime.parse(ZonedDateTime.java:597) ~[?:1.8.0_265]
    at java.time.ZonedDateTime.parse(ZonedDateTime.java:582) ~[?:1.8.0_265]
    at org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.handler.EchoHandler.updateNotifications(EchoHandler.java:1283)

I have an error 500 on paperui when reinstalling the the echo control bindingā€¦https://github.com/openhab/openhab-addons/issues/8762

Okay nevermindā€¦it resolved by itselfā€¦absolutely no idea what was causing itā€¦

Hello,
there is still the announcing bug in the binding. No text based anncounce can be placed since Version 2.5.8. on display based devices.

i have created a bug report on github, but nobody takes careā€¦
the link to the bug is: https://github.com/openhab/openhab-addons/issues/8726

is somebody able to reproduce it or can take an eye on this?
Thank you.

ralph

Having the same error:

2020-10-18 21:45:10.799 [ERROR] [trol.internal.handler.AccountHandler] - refresh data fails with unexpected error

java.time.format.DateTimeParseException: Text ā€˜2020-10-18Tnull+02:00ā€™ could not be parsed at index 11

at java.time.format.DateTimeFormatter.parseResolved0(DateTimeFormatter.java:1949) ~[?:1.8.0_265]

at java.time.format.DateTimeFormatter.parse(DateTimeFormatter.java:1851) ~[?:1.8.0_265]

at java.time.ZonedDateTime.parse(ZonedDateTime.java:597) ~[?:1.8.0_265]

at java.time.ZonedDateTime.parse(ZonedDateTime.java:582) ~[?:1.8.0_265]

at org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.handler.EchoHandler.updateNotifications(EchoHandler.java:1283) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.handler.AccountHandler.lambda$4(AccountHandler.java:489) ~[?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.CopyOnWriteArrayList.forEach(CopyOnWriteArrayList.java:895) ~[?:1.8.0_265]

at java.util.concurrent.CopyOnWriteArraySet.forEach(CopyOnWriteArraySet.java:404) ~[?:1.8.0_265]

at org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.handler.AccountHandler.refreshNotifications(AccountHandler.java:488) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.handler.AccountHandler.refreshData(AccountHandler.java:585) ~[?:?]

at org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.handler.AccountHandler.refreshAfterCommand(AccountHandler.java:830) ~[?:?]

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) [?:1.8.0_265]

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [?:1.8.0_265]

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180) [?:1.8.0_265]

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293) [?:1.8.0_265]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:1.8.0_265]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:1.8.0_265]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:1.8.0_265]

Hi,

is there any way to set and cancel a timer on an Echo device? I tried to use start routine as a quirk, but routines donā€™t have timers implemented.

The use-case for what I would like to have it: We have an integrated dishwasher, which doesnā€™t show how long it still has to go, therefore I would like to ask ā€œAlexa, when is the dishwasher finished?ā€. The idea is to set the timer when the dishwasher starts, and actually cancel it a second before it ends, so that the alarm is not going off, but we can still ask Alexa anytime how much time is left.

I would like to play Gregorianā€™s album 20/2020 by command on Alexa in random playback if possible.
I tried the following syntax:
EchoDotPlayMusicVoiceCommand.sendCommand ('Gregorian Twenty Twothausend and twenty')
EchoDotPlayMusicVoiceCommand.sendCommand ('Gregorian Twenty Twothausendtwenty')
EchoDotPlayMusicVoiceCommand.sendCommand ('Gregorian Zwanzig Zweitausendundzwanzig')
EchoDotPlayMusicVoiceCommand.sendCommand ('Gregorian Zwanzig Zweitausendzwanzig')
Alexa canā€™t find this album, itā€™s listed on AmazonMusic and I can stream it too.
Can someone give me a tip how the syntax should look like?

Same here. And paper UI did not work, too. Got Server Error 500 for example on the Control Panel and on the Item Overview. No errors in the log. Did try every version from 2.5.6. On each there is that kind of problem.

I got an error message today in my Amazon Music App, had to log in again, 2 hours ago. For the login I had to add below the password such a letter/number combination to verify that I am a human as verification. Since then, I get the same log problem as before the fix with the playlists again in the OH logs.

Am I the only one?

[mazonechocontrol.internal.Connection] - Illegal json: {"playlists":.......

I also get the illegal json error in the OH logs, just started noticing it this week.