Release Candidate and Support: Amazon Echo Control Binding

Cool, thanks! I am trying to do some more troubleshooting, erased all the routines and recreating them one at a time now, trying to see if i can get them all to show up.

@michi so I have added back all the routines one by one, and as I was doing that I would pull the json array and double check one by one, this is what I discovered.

1. the routines show up in the json (after refresh) immediately
  2. the routines are stored in the json in random order (it changes at every refresh)
  3. every routine appeared till I got to 20, it seems that the json array is limited to 20 items ( #0 - #19 )
  4. once I passed the 20 items, new routines showed up and older did not (due to the randomness)

Is the json array size something you can control or is it a limitation on the amazon side?

I use amazon echo as an integrating hub, and then use the routines to control the smart devices through openhab, that is why I have to create so many routines.

Thoughts?

Hi Baron,

The limit is from amazon site, but I expect that it is possible to get more entries or specify a page in url as query parameter. I will check this if I find the time. But I afraid it will not be before next Wednesday.

Best,
Michael

Hi all - a little help would be appreciated if anyone would be kind enough.

Trying to get the latest version of this binding running on Openhab 2.4 on my Raspberry Pi:

• Iā€™ve added the .jar file from the thread at the top to /usr/share/openhab2/addons folder
  • Iā€™ve also added binding = amazonecho control to /etc/openhab2/services/addons.cfg
  • Iā€™ve also tried ā€œremovingā€ the old binding from the PaperUI interface

However when I restart my Pi the old binding version seems to still be running.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Remove this

It will keep coming back because of the entry in addons.cfg.

Thank you - working nicely now

1 Like

Hi @michi,

just spun up a 2.5 M1 pod and tested the binding.
I added all 4 echos and a multiroom device with all channels bound to items.
The rest request for all items returns immediately and also the ā€œControlā€ interface in paperui now responds asap again.

Issue closed from my point of view!
Thanks a lot! :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Thomas

I donā€™t think my coding knowledge ia good enough to get it done myself.

Would anyone be willing to add the timer feature ? I would definitely be willing to pay some money to the person who would add this feature.

Just starting to play with the binding. For the Bluetooth connection, I switched from my phone to disconnected. Alexa goes disconnecting bla bla bla. But the gui still showed it was connected to my phone. Refreshing the browser for the sitemap it changed but wasnā€™t dynamic. Is it just delayed or something I have set wrong? Right now basically following the guide settings.

Rather than another entry or thread will also say that whenever I load the sitemap for the first time I get:

HTTP ERROR 500

Problem accessing /basicui/app. Reason:

Server Error

Caused by:

org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.HttpException: GET url ā€˜https://alexa.amazon.com/api/behaviors/entities?skillId=amzn1.ask.1p.musicā€™ failed: Bad Request

Then I do a ctrl-r to refresh and it comes up fine.

Thanks.

JR

I assume, you are using the released version. There is an bug in this version. Please update to the beta in the top most posting in this thread

I get this as well with the 2.4 release version. I didnā€™t click to install it but guessing unless it was fixed it will keep coming. Not even sure how the FlashBriefing gets populated normally since I just got my new Echo and havenā€™t played with the binding much.

JR

I have a rule setup to detect when an echo device triggers the last voice command. Iā€™m using this to check for a custom phrase so I can fire off some automation. While this is not a problem, I would like to suppress the default ā€œhmm, I donā€™t know thatā€ or ā€œSorry, Iā€™m not sureā€ response from Alexa because my chosen phrase would not normally yield any valid response.

Is this possible ?

Latest beta fixed my error 500 and is really fast. Music Provider for some reason always defaulted to XBox where ever it got that. Now thatā€™s gone to. Kudos!

Note still have the Flash Briefing 1 Thing that I havenā€™t accepted. not sure if I accept or delete it if it will come back again.

JR

By the way, any support for the room temperature that Echo Plus Second Gen supports?

Thanks.

JR

Michael,

Your Beta 2.5 (6) preview (not yet released on forum) has resolved this issue now.

Great job!

Best, Jay

1 Like

Hello together!

Iā€™ve just tried the Beta 2.5-5 and Iā€™m still getting following errors for most queries:

28-Feb-2019 20:55:52.257 [INFO ] [ing.amazonechocontrol.internal.handler.EchoHandler] - getPlayer fails: {}
org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.HttpException: GET url 'https://alexa.amazon.de/api/np/player?deviceSerialNumber=XX&deviceType=XX&screenWidth=1440' failed: Internal Server Error
	at org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.Connection.makeRequest(Connection.java:593) ~[281:org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol:2.5.0.Beta_05]

and commands:

28-Feb-2019 20:47:53.640 [ERROR] [ome.core.internal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler] - An error occurred while calling method 'ThingHandler.handleCommand()' on 'org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.handler.EchoHandler@60ee8963': POST url 'https://alexa.amazon.de/api/behaviors/preview' failed: Bad Request
org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.HttpException: POST url 'https://alexa.amazon.de/api/behaviors/preview' failed: Bad Request
	at org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.Connection.makeRequest(Connection.java:593) ~[?:?]

Iā€™ve recreated all Things and Channels and switched to text file configuration but nothing helps. Someone have a clue for me? Or can I get Beta 6 somewhere to test?
As Iā€™m maintaining a binding myself, Iā€™d be glad to provide any additional information required.

Thanks in advance!

Pav

Hi Pavion,

I assume that at least one device owner is another amazon account and this problem is related to a bug in an early beta version. But to be sure, I would need some additional information.

1. Please open the account web page:
    http://<YourOpenHab>/amazonechocontrol
  2. Click on the account

1. Write down the customer id

2. Click on ā€˜Logout and create new device idā€™

3. Relogin to your account

4. Check if the customer id have changed ā†’ Give me feedback, I want to know if there was a change, I do not need the id itself

5. Check if the binding is working now

Do you have smart home devices connected to the internal alexa hub? Would you be interested to help providing the smart home feature to the binding?

Best,
Michael

Thank you for testing. The public beta will be released in the next view days. I only want finish a new feature from this version before I make it public.

Best,
Michael

Hi Michael and thanks for your response.

• Yes, Iā€™m sharing Alexa with another Amazon account.
  • After ā€œLogout and createā€ Iā€™ve got customer ID ā€œUnknownā€ (Account Thing is online, Log shows same errors)
  • Another try fails too. App name increases (App name: Pavion,'s 7th Open HAB Alexa Binding) but customer ID is still unknown
  • Donā€™t have much time now, will make another try at the evening (with restarting openHAB, recreating and so on) and contact you again.

P.S. I donā€™t have any devices connected directly to Alexa, but Iā€™m using openHAB skill (and cloud) to controll all my devices with it: Homematic, HUE, Fibaro and much more.

Hi, I donā€™t think that will help. But maybe I can help you with some information, and we start the binding from the eclipse IDE to debug the problem. If you are interested, write me a PN.
Best,
Michael