Release Candidate and Support: Amazon Echo Control Binding

hi @michi - I will give it another go- however I have tried beta 6 in addition to beta 7 on 3 versions of OH. I know a few users are currently having issues. I appreciate your hard work- im sure its not an easy task building and maintaining a binding - its such a shame Amazon keep changing things. Your binding is so critical to my installation (i have 11 Alexa devices built into my interfaces) I truely appreciate your efforts- in terms of OH bindings - your is gold (when amazon dosent break it)

@michi So I’ve given Beta 6 another go, However am still getting the same HTTPS error. Screenshots attached. #sadpanda

Have you checked, that openHAB have loaded the correct version? The simples way is to check it in the /amazonechocontrol/ page. The should be the remark for beta 6.

@michi its definitely loaded

when i then try to login i get the amazon login page - I enter my credentials I then get the HHTPS error

Yes, I see this in the stack trace. It seems that the json response is not as expected in the register call. But without further information, I can not help. You can try to turn on debug level trace, but I afraid we will not see more. You need a new build. So have to wait a little bit until I have fixed my workflow.

is there further information i can provide to assist?

Check, if you get more information with debug level for log

Have you the possiblity to test against the latest OH 2.5 snapshot build? If so, I can sent you a patched jar file which could provide more infos.

And you could check on the amazon site under (The menus are translated from german, search for similar menus)
“Your Account”
“Content and Devices”
in the tab “devices” if you see an openHAB registration:

Beta 8 released

This fixes the issue where calls fails in the case you want to make a new login through the proxy. (Download from thetop most post)

But unfortunately there exist one problem which is reported by youngmd which is not yet fixed.

Anyway, this beta provides additional debug infos in the log in such a case.

2 Likes

Hi @michi,

I loaded beta 8 here. I has to redo the login process, but that’s ok.

Here i have an issue/bug. When i say light on , it is transmitted to all my openhab echo things.

Only the lights from the living room is opening. So i guess the function ‘‘light on’’ is working on the amazon side.

light on is just an exemple. I can reproduce this with any command

tried to recreate all the item. but got the same issue.

going back to beta 7 (preview) does not resolve this.

edit: FYI i am on openhab milestone 1.

Will tried to clean my cache$tmp folder , with beta 6.

edit 2: same problem.
Maybe amazon changed something on their side?

edit 3:

Removing/reinstalling my openhab install is not an issue for me. I only use openhab for this binding. My primary system is homeseer.

So, i tried to rm -rf the openhab folder, and started fresh with a openhab 2.4 install.
And i did load the beta6 of your binding in it.

But i am having the very same issue as before. So i guess amazon did change something on their side here :frowning:

EDIT 5:

weird… if i say something loud in ther living room , all the alexa item in openhab get the lastspoken string.

if i wishper it. only the two alexa item ( in my living room) got the lastspoken string.

• if i say light on in any room loudly , it works as it should. But, every alexa item in openhab got their string updated.

I will check if i can do something. Expect my test on Wednesday.

2 Likes

Thanks !

I am wondering if there is a problem with my Amazon/alexa account, or if Amazon did really change something.

Can you use a Sonos One/Sonos Beam (which has Alexa built into it) to deliver TTS commands?

Also, which Channels are supported? or is it only the textToSpeech and volume Channels?

Seems to be a bug… On alexa part…or on my account. Next step… if anybody can reproduce that in their istory… will be to completly delete an recreate my alexa account.

here, each command has been issued ONE time. depending if i say it loud or not. One or more echo will catch it in history.

Can anyone check their history ?

here is a picture of 3 command i sent to my bedrrom echo ( depedning of the distance, it does not hear the same thing :

Alexa : i love you
Alexa : what’s up
Alexa: what are you doing
Looking at mine, the problem seems to be there since 3-5 days…not sure

thanks

@michi So Amazon has started to roll out the new Alexa Guard feature to all users (assuming just in the US at the moment). I was able to enable it under my account and you can control the presence mode via the Alexa app or by voice (Alexa, I’m leaving | Alexa, I’m home). In terms of integration out of the box, it will forward alarms and synchronize presence mode with only the Ring Alarm and ADT security systems. I initially thought of using a routine but they didn’t make that action available as of yet. Would it be hard to add the ability to control the Alexa Guard presence mode with this binding? Thanks

Hi jeshab,
you mean to enable/disable the presence from a channel?
your write you can control this with the alexa app, so it should be possible. Can you sent me a screenshot where you find this information? Because I have to reconfigure my app to a us account and then I have to search the feature and therefore a screenshot would be he helpfully.
Much more easier would it be, if the option is available in the web-app in the browser. You take a look at this, too?
Best,
Michael