Release Candidate and Support: Amazon Echo Control Binding

Sorry, I have no knowledge about the caching infrastructur of openHAB. But maybe it helps if you install the M2 binding in the PaperUI?

Hi Michi.
Can i use the RC1 version under OH2.5 M1?
Greetings and Thanks,
Markus

Has anyone been able to successfully trigger the guard on/off presence from the binding yet? Thanks in advance!

Not tested, but should work :grinning:

Hi, the guard on/off is build internal as smart home security device. Currently there is no smart home device support at all, but this is already in preparation. But unfortunately, the first version will only support lights and switchable plugs. So you will need patience.

1 Like

Yes have installed the binding and now I have both installed according to Karaf

Hi All

I for the life of me cannot get the binding to authorise with amazon, using the URL provided by the account thing. Anyone seen this? Im using 2.4 stable with the RC1 binding

HTTP ERROR 500

Problem accessing /amazonechocontrol/09d21569/ap/signin/132-9956922-4947229. Reason:

Server Error

Caused by:

com.google.gson.JsonSyntaxException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Expected BEGIN_OBJECT but was STRING at line 8 column 1 path $

285 │ Active │ 80 │ 2.5.0.RC_1 │ Amazon Echo Control Binding

I am confused by your response. My original request was to be able to enable/disable the guard presence mode. I assumed that since there is a toggle button in the app, it could be somehow mapped to a channel once the proper api endpoint is determined.

In terms of built-in smart home support, I agree with you that it is pretty limited. From my understanding, it currently only supports ADT & Ring security systems. Having the ability to toggle the guard mode from OH would certainly increase the support from that point of view and take advantage of the Alexa smart alerts.

Then try to deactivate the wrong in the Karaf

Hi, I speak about your request for enable/disable the guard presence mode. I have analyzed this, and the switch is mapped to the smart home API. So, it will work with the smart home support. Maybe you can try in the meantime to create an alexa routine for this, I’am not sure if it is listet there as device and I have already switch back my phone app to my account where this feature is not yet available. So I can not test this. If it works with the alexa routine, you can create an Item and and a OH rule to trigger the alexa routine.
Best, Michael

Hi,
Please turn on the logging to debug level for the amazonechocontrol binding and sent me the log before the error occurs in a PM.
Best Michael

1 Like

Ok, that is bad, because it seem that my workaround for the problem does not help in your situation. How many echo devices are triggered at the same time?

Unfortunately, it’s not available via Alexa routines as of yet. The only way currently to trigger the guard presence mode is either through the app or by voice. So there is no option to automate this at the moment.

Hi,
3 echos in this case but a player folled by a TTS, so you may think of that as 6?
I got two error exceptions for this rule running.

// Sues Phone
				if (HO_Echo_Notify.state != OFF && cSue_Phone.state==ON) {
					try {
						logInfo("Presence-Check", "Sue Phone is at home. HO Trigger:" + triggeringItem.name)
						HO_Echo_MusicProvider.sendCommand('AMAZON_MUSIC')
						HO_Echo_MusicVoiceCommand.sendCommand('Assembly bugle call')
						createTimer(now.plusSeconds(12), [| 		
							HO_Echo_TTS.sendCommand('Sue, is home!')
						])
					}
					catch(Throwable t) { 
						logError("Powercut", "Error was caught switching off lights: {}", t)
						HO_Echo_TTS.sendCommand('Sue, is home!')
					} 

}
				if (LR_Echo_Notify.state != OFF && cSue_Phone.state==ON) {
					//LR_Echo_TTS.sendCommand('Sue, is home!')
					try {
						logInfo("Presence-Check", "Sue Phone is at home. LR Trigger:" + triggeringItem.name)
						LR_Echo_MusicProvider.sendCommand('AMAZON_MUSIC')
						LR_Echo_MusicVoiceCommand.sendCommand('Assembly bugle call')
							LR_Echo_TTS.sendCommand('Sue, is home!')
						])
					}
					catch(Throwable t) { 
						LR_Echo_TTS.sendCommand('Sue, is home!')
					} 
				}
				if (BR4_Echo_Notify.state != OFF && cSue_Phone.state==ON) {
					//BR4_Echo_TTS.sendCommand('Sue, is home!')					
					try {
						logInfo("Presence-Check", "Sue Phone is at home. BR4 Trigger:" + triggeringItem.name)
						BR4_Echo_MusicProvider.sendCommand('AMAZON_MUSIC')
						BR4_Echo_MusicVoiceCommand.sendCommand('Assembly bugle call')
							BR4_Echo_TTS.sendCommand('Sue, is home!')
						])
					}
					catch(Throwable t) { 
						BR4_Echo_TTS.sendCommand('Sue, is home!')
					} 
				}					

Regards
Paul

Hello,

I am sorry if I have missed it somewhere but is there an item or mechanism to check when the Echo has received its wake word?

For instance, if music is playing on the squeezebox, I would like to mute the music in the room with the Echo in if it is woken with “Alexa” otherwise it won’t recognise the commands over the music.

Thank you,

Andrew

1 Like

the LastVoiceCommand channel tells you with ‘alexa’ and then it changes to what follows after that.
here is the log of me saying “Alexa, what is the time”

2019-09-05 16:09:04.732 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - BR4_Echo_LastVoiceCommand changed from turn on light to alexa

2019-09-05 16:09:06.391 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - BR4_Echo_LastVoiceCommand changed from alexa to what is the time

Regards

Paul

1 Like

It works if you type “Alexa, I’m leaving/home” in the browser dev console. Wondering if there’s a way to trigger home/away mode that way…

Which version of the binding? Because the current version uses the alexa routine api for volume change

Yes, this means 6 calls