Release Candidate and Support: Amazon Echo Control Binding

Thank you Paul, that was most helpful. I had seen the item and thought that the wake word would not have been included but I will have a play around with it now.

Regards,

Andrew

Hello,

I’m using LastVoiceCommand channel and Alexa routines to do custom responses by rules as described many times in this thread. When I first configured it a few days ago, the LastVoiceCommand item was updated almost instantaneously, but now there is a significant delay and I don’t think I changed anything relevant to it on openhab side. I’ve tried updating to the latest snapshot (which I’m now running) and it didn’t help.

Basically I say “Alexa, test test”, Alexa routine immediately responds with “one moment” as configured, but then it can be over a minute until LastVoiceCommand gets updated to “alexa” first an then immediately to “test test”. This delay, is it a normal behavior?

Thanks,
Yegor

I guess 6 calls is too many? what is the maximum tested before I need a delay and how much delay?
Any ideas?

Thanks
Paul

I think it is not related to the binding. You can enable debug level log, so you see when the binding receives the change from the WebSocket connection and when it updates the channel

No ideas and no maximum tested. The problem is, that the maximum seem to be not a fixed number. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. You can only try to add delays.

why do announcements not work with eco dot? In alexa app it does.

Because the announcment channel does not the same. It only shows the message on display of the echo show without spoken text.

New Version: Release Candidate 2

• Fix an issue for new logins in Amazon.co.au domain. Maybe the same issue happens in other domains. So if you have trouble to login, update to this version.

@dastrix80 Thank you for helping to analyze this issue!

Download the new version from the top most posting

1 Like

ah, ok. is there another way to play a ringtone before text to speech starts?

That’s strange, I log into .au domain no problems with RC1.

Yes, you are right, it is not binding, I enabled debug and I can see that push_activity appears after a long delay. Is it how it works for everyone? I’m on .com.au domain.

Me too on .com.au and no issues with login.

I too log into RC1 into AU domain, but not on another account. Hence the fix. Ill give it a test today

@michi confirming I can now login with RC2, love your work!

1 Like

Is there a plan to include announcment functionallity from the app, as well?

On my side (Amazon.de) the delay is about 2-3 seconds

I’am thinking about this, but then I will have a breaking change in the existing announcement channel. For the moment you can use it if you define the channel in the items file manually and send the following string to create the beep ‘{ “sound”: true, “title”: “”, “body”: “”}’ and send a command to the TTS channel afterwards with the text. Not yet tried, but it should work, would be nice to get feedback :wink:

Ok, I did the breaking change because the announcement channel was not yet merged in the documentation of the openHAB documentation. But you have to wait a little bit, I do not want to release a new version after this short period of time.

Sounds fantastic, thank you!

May I ask you when you will release this version?
Thank you so much!

Oliver