If it works well during 7 months and suddenly it does no more work, you have to identify what changes. Did you update something? Is your remote server running? On the same address?
I doubt seriously there is suddenly a bug in the binding, especially while there were almost no changes…
no. just the one lines I posted earlier - and that’s either with the IP from the second openHAB instance or with one, that doesn’t exist in my network. No “try the root REST API” or no error like “couldn’t find the remote openhab server”?
The log entry I mentioned is the next action just after setting the thing state to UNKNOWN. But this is done in a separate thread. The only reason I am currently imagining is a problem you have to create threads !
Of course, you are not running a fully outdated version of the binding ?
I updated to OH 3.1 longer than the errors. The errors appeared only a few days ago - the only thing I changed (and I am aware of…!) is the new Rasbpian kernel, coming out? I had the error on about the 5th of August, as I updated this:
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 847240 Aug 5 20:17 libraspberrypi0_1%3a1.20210805-1_armhf.deb
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 341112 Aug 5 20:17 libraspberrypi-bin_1%3a1.20210805-1_armhf.deb
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 400288 Aug 5 20:17 libraspberrypi-dev_1%3a1.20210805-1_armhf.deb
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 31408268 Aug 5 20:17 libraspberrypi-doc_1%3a1.20210805-1_armhf.deb
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1011520 Aug 5 20:17 linux-libc-dev_1%3a1.20210805-1_armhf.deb
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4517888 Aug 5 20:17 raspberrypi-bootloader_1%3a1.20210805-1_armhf.deb
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 79611860 Aug 5 20:17 raspberrypi-kernel_1%3a1.20210805-1_armhf.deb
I’m doing a reboot just now and now my log is flooded with DEBUG-entries for the remoteopenhab binding! seems to work just fine again! having an eye on it, though!
on further investigation I’d say that Update messed up pretty bad. So I just found out, that also my persistences dropped out since then, without me noticing it (don’t check my stats every day) - and I guess I have to set up some monitoring for my OH3!
My rules and stuff worked though… strange.
I had the same issue after updating to 3.1.0 on all my servers. I could no longer connect to my 3 remotes. I changed the API Token and still no luck. I had to turn Connect Anyways on to make this work. Since doing that I have never had a disconnect and the things always connect even after a reboot. Seems like some issue with remote authentication in 3.1.0 .