Remotec ZRC-100 not sending Scene number to OpenHab

Hello community,

I am trying to set up the Remotec Z-Wave remote control “ZRC-100EU” to send a Scene number to OpenHab2 using the Z-Wave binding. This remote control has 12 scenes integrated. My aim is that once scene number is received by OpenHab2 a specific “rule” is triggered.

Issue: When setting “on” a scene (or “off”) on the ZRC-100EU, the scene number is not received by OpenHab2. I may be doing something wrong by comparing how this remote control works with the Fibaro Keyfob where each button of the remote control will send a specific scene number to OpenHab2.

Additional info and questions:

• I have not programmed this remote control to act as a controller (primary or secondary), i have just added it to my Z-Wave environment and I only wish to use the Scenes to trigger rules. Those rules will be controlling equipments handled by Z-Wave, RFXCom and GPIO interfaces.
  • Currently on OpenHab2, I have programmed the Item Scene number with Type: “Number”. Logs do not show anything when pressing On on a scene. Log level for both org.openhab and smarthome.event is INFO.
  • Remotec “ZRC-100EU” Firmware version is 1.62
  • When going into the setup menu, this remote control has an “Add to Scene” section. Checking this section forces you to “Press PROG on target”. Since I just want that the remote control to send a scene number to OpenHab2, is there a way to better program this section and how?

Your help is much appreciated.
Please let me know if any logs are needed or if I am overseeing anything with how this remote control should function.

Thanks,
Patrick

Hi @chris, Could it be related to Binding? (the thing has no parameters to configure).

Dear community,

According to Remotec support team, the option to send the scene number pressed on the ZRC-100 to the primary controller is not possible.
I quote:
“Normally this step needs to operate on gateway , but ZRC-100 doesn’t have this function . Besides ,
central scene appears on Zwave Gen 5 and ZRC-100 using Zwave Gen3 , when we developed ZRC-100 it doesn’t have central scene command , so ZRC-100 receiving central scene it won’t recognize and doesn’t have any operation .”

A review of documentation might be needed here: https://www.openhab.org/v2.3/addons/bindings/zwave/thing.html?manufacturer=remotec&file=zrc100_0_0.html

Thanks