Reolink Video Doorbell binding

Hi all,
Just received my Reolink Video Doorbell WiFi.
Already added it to BlueIris for 24/7 recording.
Now I also want to add it to OpenHab so OpenHab could send a notify to all my Google Home/Nest speakers if someones rings the doorbell.

However, I can’t find out how to add it to OpenHab.
Looks like HomeAssistant has it already working, so we should also be able to :slight_smile:

Who could help me to get this working?
I already installed the IPcamera binding and added the camera.
It looks like I get a ‘Motion Alarm’, so guess that is working.

What did you want to see working and are you able to either test and give log output or do any coding? There was someone who posted they may start adding the reolink api but I have not heard anymore then their first post.

Since some reolink is onvif cameras, they will work with the ipcamera binding as you already found. Other cameras that are battery/solar powered from their range do not have onvif support.

Main things I want to see working are:

• Signal when doorbell is pressed (so I can make an announcement on the Google speakers, Pause the Google TV and display the stream, send a push to my phone with a still image)
  • Create a still image/snapshot at the moment the doorbell is pressed
  • View the video stream (so I can display it on the Google TV).

I am able to view the events log and openhab log.
A bit of programming is no problem, but don’t expect the high level of coding I see here sometimes :wink:

Great then I am happy to do 70% of the needed work which will take me a few hours to do to make it very simple or you can simply post the API urls and the sample returns that the camera makes so I can add them as I have spare time. I offered to do it already, but it appears @azureshammer may have already done it just not made a PR to share the results as learning git can be hard. We all get busy, so hopefully over the Christmas break we can see this move forward. You can see the history and other useful information in this thread. Someone that has a camera and NVR to do tests with is going to do a better job as they know the ins and outs of what can be done.

Setting up NVR-based Reolink cameras - Add-ons / Bindings - openHAB Community

Yes that is a common wish for all doorbell cameras and all brands that I know of do not publish the button push as an event. Check the reolink api to see if it can be done, otherwise their are ways to use FTP UPLOAD binding to create events inside openHAB.

Awesome!

Just let me know what you need and I will do my best to deliver.

I already had contact with Reolink and got some extra info that might be usefull.
RTSP URL’s: Request for RTSP URL
URL commands incl. CGI commands: https://support.reolink.com/attachments/token/0F0EKDsuR5CvLHhpPKdhSXVfo/?name=Reolink-url-command-v2.pdf

@matt1 FYI: I never ended up finishing my implementation. Life got busy and I haven’t had time to loop back around to it. I’ll let you know if I ever do.

No Problem I created the bulk of the changes so someone can test, provide feedback and fingers crossed someone will pick it up to take it further.

New thread asking for testers.

Adding Reolink API to the IpCamera Binding, Alpha and Beta testers needed - Add-ons / Bindings - openHAB Community