[Request] Sport Binding (Soccer, NFL, match times, tables, live goals)

I think it would be great if there was a binding that gets information about some sports.

Like:

• DateTime for next match of your favorite teams
  • current scores
  • table
  • live goals

possible use cases:

• turn on TV (or switch channel) when our team is playing
  • flash lights when our team scores
  • show table on your dashboard/wall mounted tablet
  • show next matches on your dashboard/wall mounted tablet

Maybe someone can and wants to develop such a binding.

In my case I would like to use this for the german ā€œBundesligaā€.
Maybe this binding could be expanded to other leagues or sports such as NFL, MBL, Prmier League and so an.

I am not sure if dedicated bindings for different sports would be better.

If you are not a developer perhaps set up a bountysource for this to encourage someone to work on it.

Just did a search looking for an answer to this questionā€¦ I really cannot believe this has not been done yet LOL We geeks watch sports too and would love to flash all the lights when we score! , well, when our TEAM scoresā€¦when we score it would be a completely different action,., but i digress, I am interested in this as well, I see you can do it with IFTTT using hue but there has to be a way to integrate something similar using openhabā€¦Wish I was smaht so I could develop this.

This is very good, i am currently also trying to do something that could use this binding if it will exist at some timeā€¦
I am from German and i am fan of the ā€œHSVā€, a soccer club in the 2.Bundesliga.
I would like to blink my openHAB-Integrated lights if my team scores, but where to get infos in nearly-real-time about a teamā€™s goal???
If this would be developed, possible features i would like would be in addition to @christoph_wempe:

1. Trigger channels with configurable teams (for example goal, red card, yellow card, game starts, game ends, halftime, and so onā€¦)
  2. Near real-time (delay at least 3 seconds, because of my use case described above.
    It would be cool if someone could do somthing like this (Every smartphone can do this or similar things, but openHAB not???)

@christoph_wempe:
I am also from german,
I am fan of the ā€œHSVā€ in the second Bundesliga and would find it great if something like this will be developed

This might be useful if anybody wants to start developing a binding or build items based on mqtt.
I have not tried this.

I just googled bundesliga mqtt.

https://www.smarthome-tricks.de/tag/bundesliga/

https://www.openligadb.de/

Hmm, what has this in common with home automation ???
Nothing I am afraidā€¦

:thinking:
Is that a general requirement for new bindings? In this case a lot of already created ones would have to be removed, for example the Tankerkƶnig binding.

No, it is shurely not. Itā€˜s just funny to see what people use openHAB for.

1 Like

You can ask the guy who postes about this in his blog called www.smarthome-tricks.de.
Or ask the person that created an adapter for ioBroker.

Or just think about scenarios like:

• turn on TV when ā€œthe gameā€ starts
  • turn on green light when my team scores.
  • show the position of my team in the league on an lcd.
  • turn a lamp red, when my team is #1 :trophy:
  • indicate when the next game of my team is on a lcd strip

Sure, these are gimmicks.
But so is checking the status of your water pump from the couch. :wink: