I think it would be great if there was a binding that gets information about some sports.
- DateTime for next match of your favorite teams
- current scores
- live goals
possible use cases:
- turn on TV (or switch channel) when our team is playing
- flash lights when our team scores
- show table on your dashboard/wall mounted tablet
- show next matches on your dashboard/wall mounted tablet
Maybe someone can and wants to develop such a binding.
In my case I would like to use this for the german “Bundesliga”.
Maybe this binding could be expanded to other leagues or sports such as NFL, MBL, Prmier League and so an.
I am not sure if dedicated bindings for different sports would be better.
If you are not a developer perhaps set up a bountysource for this to encourage someone to work on it.
Just did a search looking for an answer to this question… I really cannot believe this has not been done yet LOL We geeks watch sports too and would love to flash all the lights when we score! , well, when our TEAM scores…when we score it would be a completely different action,., but i digress, I am interested in this as well, I see you can do it with IFTTT using hue but there has to be a way to integrate something similar using openhab…Wish I was smaht so I could develop this.
This is very good, i am currently also trying to do something that could use this binding if it will exist at some time…
I am from German and i am fan of the “HSV”, a soccer club in the 2.Bundesliga.
I would like to blink my openHAB-Integrated lights if my team scores, but where to get infos in nearly-real-time about a team’s goal???
If this would be developed, possible features i would like would be in addition to @christoph_wempe:
- Trigger channels with configurable teams (for example goal, red card, yellow card, game starts, game ends, halftime, and so on…)
- Near real-time (delay at least 3 seconds, because of my use case described above.
It would be cool if someone could do somthing like this (Every smartphone can do this or similar things, but openHAB not???)
I am also from german,
I am fan of the “HSV” in the second Bundesliga and would find it great if something like this will be developed
This might be useful if anybody wants to start developing a binding or build items based on mqtt.
I have not tried this.
I just googled
Hmm, what has this in common with home automation ???
Nothing I am afraid…
Is that a general requirement for new bindings? In this case a lot of already created ones would have to be removed, for example the
No, it is shurely not. It‘s just funny to see what people use openHAB for.
You can ask the guy who postes about this in his blog called
Or ask the person that created an adapter for ioBroker.
Or just think about scenarios like:
- turn on TV when “the game” starts
- turn on green light when my team scores.
- show the position of my team in the league on an lcd.
- turn a lamp red, when my team is #1
- indicate when the next game of my team is on a lcd strip
Sure, these are gimmicks.
But so is checking the status of your water pump from the couch.