Restore of config backup (zip file) at setup fails

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: RP3B+
    • Java Runtime Environment: openJDK 11
    • openHAB version: 3.4.4

I am relatively new to openHAB. I have installed openHAB on my Windows laptop for test and evaluation. I have decided to go for it, and I now want to set up a permanent installation. So I bought a Raspberry and installed openhabian. As I did not want to repeat the configuration work I have done on the test system, I saved this to a backup file which I renamed to initial.zip and dropped in the \boot folder of the SD card. So far so good.

Setup of openhabian went smooth, except from the import of the config backup. Log message:

2023-06-13_13:09:55_CEST [openHABian] Choosing openHAB backup zipfile to restore from... 
2023-06-13_13:09:55_CEST [openHABian] Restoring openHAB backup... yes: standard output: Broken pipe
FAILED (restore)

There are some differences between the installations. Most importantly, I believe, is that the source is openHAB 3.4.3 on Windows11, target is openhabian with openHAB 3.4.4 on Raspberry Pi.

If I understand the message correctly, it is an I/O problem (reading from/writing to SD card?)

Does anyone have any tips on what could be wrong here?

Not based on that output you showed.

Eventually set debugmode=maximum in /etc/openhabian.conf to get to see what happens in detail.
Import the file again using menu option 51 in openhabian-config. It needs to be in /var/lib/openhab/backups for that to be visible.

If that doesn’t do, use openhab-cli command directly from shell.

I tried menu option 04, which lets me select backup file and location (default is /boot/initial.zip). Here is (the interesting part of) the log:

Using '/etc/openhab' as conf folder...
Using '/var/lib/openhab' as userdata folder...
Making Temporary Directory
Extracting zip file to temporary folder.
warning:  /boot/initial.zip appears to use backslashes as path separators
Unable to unzip /boot/initial.zip, Aborting...
+ return 1
+ echo 'FAILED (restore)'
FAILED (restore)

As said, this backup comes from Windows, and has backslashes as path separators. This gives a warning. Unzipping the file manually goes fine. I get the same warning, but unzip handles the paths fine. No problem there.

If I cannot find the actual problem - can I just copy my tree of unzipped files to the configuration folder?

Can you please open a Github issue with the openhab-distro repo ?
Note it isn’t about openhabian, that’s just calling the openhab-cli script which is part of the above package and maintained there and the right place to fix things.

Properly sketch the use case and ask to suppress or properly handle the backslash warning, guess there’s an unzip option --quiet or whatever.

Yes you should be able to copy the file tree but try using openhab-cli restore <file> directly from shell.
Your action might even have already put those files correctly in place so check that out first.
The ‘Unable…’ msg comes whenenver unzip’s exit code isn’t 0 but that does not tell us what parts it already did or not.