Restrict items that appear in the control within a chart

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: virtual machine over Windows 10
    • Java Runtime Environment: openjdk version “11.0.12” 2021-07-20 LTS
    • openHAB version: 3.1.0 stable
  • Issue of the topic:
    Hello,

I am writing to see if you can guide / help me since I am new and have no knowledge of whether what I want can be done in a relatively simple way. I have a semantic model created with its different locations that I want to be independent. The problem I am having is that when clicking on the graph that is generated in a numerical value, within the graph it allows to choose between all the items that I have configured in the entire model and I only want some to appear depending on the role of the user . … Or depending on the location of that value within the semantic model.
I don’t know if I’m explaining myself, can it be restricted in some way?

Thanks for the time.

Well yes, when creating a new Chart you get to choose what Items are a charted. But only users with the admin role can create or edit charts. Regular users can see the chart and change the date rage but not add or remove Items from the chart itself.

1 Like

Hi friend,

Exactly that is the solution for which I opted and had pending to write it in this post so that it could be useful to the community.

Thank you very much for your time, good day!

Additionally, when configuring the widgets or values ​​that can lead to those graphs, their action must be modified to send you to the page of the graph in question.