RFLink binding

Hi Phil,

I managed to update my RFLink binding to the latest OH3 update by installing the commons-io-2.8.0.jar dependency in the /usr/share/openhab/addons folder

But now I try to redo this installation under OH 4.0.4, but without success. Here I installed the package org.openhab.binding.rflink-3.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

I no longer have any errors in the log, but on the GUI I can’t find this binding ! How do you access the bindings installed in the addons folder ?

Thks,
Manuel

Hello,
Thanks for the reaction!
Excuse me for my english language because i speak dutch (belgian)

For me just the same problem in OH4:

• OH3 worked fine

• OH4 (last week updated to 4.04 over 4.03) no more any connection over rflink

• in my installation:

• in bundle:list 336 │ Installed │ 80 │ 3.1.0.202101232050 │ openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: RfLink Binding

• but i do not see the binding

• id do not see any thing

• in the event log: i see no problems:

• 2023-11-20 10:52:28.228 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemCommandEvent ] - Item ‘StoreKleinShutter’ received command DOWN

2023-11-20 10:52:28.237 [INFO ] [penhab.event.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - Item 'StoreKleinShutter' predicted to become NULL

2023-11-20 10:52:29.255 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemCommandEvent ] - Item 'StoreKleinShutter' received command UP

2023-11-20 10:52:29.256 [INFO ] [penhab.event.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - Item 'StoreKleinShutter' predicted to become NULL

2023-11-20 10:52:30.037 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemCommandEvent ] - Item 'StoreKleinShutter' received command STOP- from OH2 i use text definitions:

• for rflink:

• Bridge rflink:bridge:usb0 “RfLink USB Transceiver” @ “Keukenberging” [baudRate= 57600, serialPort= “/dev/ttyACM0”, disableDiscovery= true, keepAlivePeriod= 55 ]

• Thing rts RTS-6A643D-01 “Store Klein” (rflink:bridge:usb0) @ “Eetkamer” [ deviceId=“RTS-6A643D-00”, shutterDuration= 70]

• Switch StoreKleinCommand “StoreKleinC” {channel=“rflink:rts:usb0:RTS-6A643D-00:command”}
    Rollershutter StoreKleinShutter “StoreKleinS” {channel=“rflink:rts:usb0:RTS-6A643D-00:shutter”}
    RFLink is on a arduino uno working well as i tested it in the serial monitor so that the somfy stores reacted well on the instructions:

• 10;RTS;6a643d;0;UP; => Kleine store
    10;RTS;6a643d;0;DOWN; => Kleine store
    10;RTS;6a643d;0;STOP; => Kleine store
    For me it is a problem in openhab: how to solve it?
    Less people who uses rflink has a problem in OH4, so I wait till the problems come and someone update the binding jar

If you have any suggestions I would appreciate them to know!
Greetings

Sorry, still some elements:

• Also in bundle:list => 343 │ Active │ 80 │ 4.0.4 │ openHAB Core :: Bundles :: Serial Transport for Java Communications API
    after installing serial transport with “feature:install openhab-core-io-transport-serial-javacomm” and not “feature:install openhab-openhab-core-io-transport-serial-javacomm” as mentioned in “https://github.com/cyrilcc/org.openhab.binding.rflink
  • I have put the jar file in “/etc/openhab” but also in “-rwxrwxrwx 1 openhab openhab 79467 Nov 17 17:11 /etc/openhab/org.openhab.binding.rflink-3.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar”
  • but also in “-rw-r–r-- 1 openhab openhab 79467 Nov 17 10:49 /usr/share/openhab/addons/org.openhab.binding.rflink-3.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar”
    I did not change the rights because it is installed already
    I also asked myself: “How do you access the bindings installed in the addons folder ?”
    Therefore I asked Phil what he understand under “dependencies”

I think “dependency” is for the library commons-io-2.8.0.jar (Apache Commons, which were removed from new OH distributions).

I am at the same point as you are: my RFLink binding seems to mount ok (I see it with bundle:list for instance). But from the GUI I can’t find where this binding is. Even if I try do create an Item, the GUI doesn’t show the RFLink binding :frowning:

For now, I’m staying with the “old” OH v3.1.0. But JavaScript support in rules is not the same as in OH4 (I can’t “require” an external lib for instance). But my sensors are working… :wink:

Manuel

Did you try adding things thru the things file?
In case that works the issue may be related to a change in how bindings work in oh 4

Indeed, adding things through the things file does not work.
So I wonder what is the difference with OH3 that the binding in O does not works?
H

As written before:

• the binding is installed in Bundle:list
  • but the bridge cannot be seen or used in a new thing
    H

You will not find the 3.x Binding to add Things through the UI as the structure had changed for openHAB 4.
It now uses Addon.XML instead of Binding.XML internally….
You can try to add Things via textual config though….

Hi

Sorry should have made it clear that my comment was intended for @manumunier.

@Herwig_Vroman my best guess is that it might be some dependency that is causing the issue for you.
I am running OH 4 and the org.openhab.binding.rflink-3.3.0-SNAPSHOT (3.3.0.202204161550) installed via the addon folder is working for me.

Many thanks!
But where can I find this jar file? (org.openhab.binding.rflink-3.3.0-SNAPSHOT (3.3.0.202204161550)

H

But I guess you have used textual config, not UI config….

Yes

@Herwig_Vroman I guess I must have build it my selv :slight_smile:

I tried to create a version for OH 4.0.0 that you can download from here:

I tried to fix adding things from the GUI, but something is still wrong.

1 Like

You’d better commit your changes to a new branch in your github fork, so we can check whats wrong.

A look in the log quickly showed that the issue was, I had not removed the author tag in the Addon.xml.
Anyway I create a new version where things can be added from the GUI. I did not test it but I hope its working. If somebody can confirm this it would be nice.

2 Likes

I was looking a bit at this, but I am not sure exactly how to do that or if I want to do it.
My intension is not to maintain the binding.
I will just do a pull request after a few days of seeing that it works.
The binding was not forked from the openhab-addons so changing structure sounds like a bigger job.
And is it even possible to change so that the Repo becomes a branch in my fork of openhab-addons and still maintain the history. I guess there might also be issues with DCO ?

Hello and first of all thanks for the great update.
I was able to successfully integrate my RFLink.
I was also able to integrate my Oregon. Everything is displayed in green and online. But I don’t get any values from the Oregon.
There is nothing at all in the log :expressionless:
Do you have any idea what I’m doing wrong?

Ubuntu Server 22.04
Openhab 4.0.4
241 │ Active │ 80 │ 4.0.4 │ openHAB Core :: Bundles :: Serial Transport
242 │ Active │ 80 │ 4.0.4 │ openHAB Core :: Bundles :: Serial Transport for Java Communications API
243 │ Active │ 80 │ 4.0.4 │ openHAB UI :: Bundles :: Basic UI
244 │ Active │ 80 │ 4.0.4 │ openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: Automation :: JavaScript Scripting
245 │ Active │ 80 │ 4.0.4 │ openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: Persistence Service :: RRD4j
246 │ Active │ 80 │ 4.0.0.202311261306 │ openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: RfLink Binding

best regards
Marco

Many thanks Kennet.
Also for me your jar file works for me.
But I also had to place the item and things file in the subdir /usr/share/openhab/addons!
I build my system on a RPI3B+ with openhabian 4.0.4.
I wonder what files can stay in /etc/openhab (OH2 and OH3).
My sitemap and roules files are still there.

I am looking in the documentation what is here about but I did not found it yet.

Greetings

Sorry I do not really know anything about how the binding is working so I can not help you much.
You can try and enable debug logs maybe that will help you.

Thank you very very much Kennet !!!

I was off for 2 weeks due to business travel; and I didn’t have my Raspberries with me :wink:

Just downloaded your 4.0.0 Beta version of this binding and dropped it in /usr/share/openhab/addons of my OH4 platform and… it works ! Not even needing the commons-io-2.8.0.jar library anymore. Very fine ! And everything works as before in the UI. Great job and big thanks !

Best regards,
Manuel