RFLink binding

i can now receice via python script. but it is possible to send data?

openhabian@openHABianPi:~$ mosquitto_sub -v -t "rflink/#"
rflink/NewKaku/010af15e/R/message 20;A5;NewKaku;ID=010af15e;SWITCH=1;CMD=OFF;

rflink/NewKaku/010af15e/R/CMD OFF
rflink/NewKaku/010af15e/R/SWITCH 1
rflink/NewKaku/010af15e/R/message 20;A6;NewKaku;ID=010af15e;SWITCH=1;CMD=ON;

rflink/NewKaku/010af15e/R/CMD ON
rflink/NewKaku/010af15e/R/SWITCH 1

this item will not work:

Switch Inter_ON "Inter_ON" {mqtt=">[mosquitto:rflink/NewKaku/010af15e/R/CMD:command:ON:1],>[mosquitto:rflink/NewKaku/010af15e/R/CMD:command:OFF:0]" }
1 Like

no idea? my NewKaku Switch will not work

I’m new and I have the same problem. Receiving works, but I can’t send anything using mqtt. Is transmitting supported?

think, that this dont work.
hope for a OH-binding.
on the Homepage of RFLINK
http://www.rflink.nl/blog2/links
you see a link to an old binding-source code.

Unfortunately this binding dont work.

i wrote a email to RFlink, its better to delete
this Link to

hope in the next time OH2 have a better solution as this
python script.

Why did you say this binding doesn’t work ? Cyril is working on it and tell us he finally gave us a jar file this week-end if he can.

sry, perhaps wrong words.

at the moment the binding doesnt work :wink:

Guys, did you read read.me to the end?
There is another topic for writing. I use it especially for radio controlled power sockets :).

Every change should be published to topic: [mqtt_prefix]/[device_type]/[device_id]/W/[switch_ID]
/data/RFLINK/TriState/8556a8/W/1 ON

Thanks, I will check it after work. Please change readme.md:

Output data
Application pushes informations to MQTT broker in following format: [mqtt_prefix]/[device_type]/[device_id]/R/[parameter]

to

Output data
Application pushes informations to MQTT broker in following format: [mqtt_prefix]/[device_type]/[device_id]/W/[parameter]

It confused me :wink:

Hey guys,
everyone interested in the binding, I compiled a fresh new version for OH 2.2.
Just drop the jar in /usr/share/openhab2/addons and restart Openhab.

It can be found here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ofEXq7ygx_sXcgOt4tz3DYK4FxBkRJF_

sha512 sum:

33e88635e2459bb5a627022dd892f2de7081bb19a7569b063b5138d3f956c57ae39ae6d8c5b13d0673a482756965407a5b3d6e53adb554d323befa22c16df5ae

Enjoy. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Did you consider to bring it into the eclipse marketplace?

1 Like

It would be great if it is available trough marketplace @hExPY , please :slight_smile: ?

Hey @dakipro i also like to have it distributed by marketplace. Sadly i’am not a member of the core development team and also don’t have any experience in releasing bindings trough marketplace. It would be great if you could set up an issue at github. :slight_smile:

@hExPY I guess I could do that, but the link mentioned above says that it is very easy to do via Pull Request. I am basically just a (very happy) user of openHab, never done much contributing, especially the code wise, but I guess you can make a pull request that includes your code (you as you know/wrote the code, so it makes most sense :slight_smile: ) and those who have access to it will certainly go over the code and either suggest some improvements or just make it available (or provide instructions on further actions).
I noticed that people here love contributors, so I guess you will become a rockstar soon :man_dancing:

It is works why the version openhab 2.3 ?

Up please,
Could someone super nice give me the procedure to follow to install the binding rflink in manual. I can not find it in the binding menu.

Thanks

Just copy the jar from the link and put it in the folder /usr/share/openhab2/addons and restart Openhab. But I don’t know if it will work for 2.3.

I use the latest version 2.4 of openhab because it is the only version that works with my xiaomi gateway.

A big thank you for your answer, I had already done but it still does not work. I do not see the binding rflink appear in the binding menu of the paper UI.
Or is there another way to use?

It works for 2.3. I dont know if it works for 2.4 because i did’nt upgraded yet. Gonna give it a try this week. :slight_smile:

Anyone that can’t or doesn’t want to connect the RFLink through the serial port, I have updated a homie-on-esp based RFLink to MQTT bridge that works pretty well for my usage. (I have the RFLink central in the house whereas openhab server is tucked away in a corner).

Doesn’t play nice with BLE though, still have to have a look into that.

1 Like

I think I had the same problem. If I went to the karaf-console I could see the binding loaded but not active. Turned out that you need a prerequisite (thats normally automatic but not if you install it like this), “OpenHAB serial” before you could activate it in karaf.

If you use this commande in the karaf-console you will install this:
feature:install openhab-transport-serial

After that the binding showed and I got it to work (running 2.4.0.201806152142)

/Peter