RFXcom binding

Hi,
I would like to add a weather station to my Openhab config. I already have a RFXcom433e in my system for lighting and somfy. Now I’m looking for a weather station integration and was thinking of Alecto WS3500. This is on the list of RFXcom compatible devices, however, I’m not sure if the RFXcom binding will work. Does someone has experience with this?

Thanks,
Jasper

Hi Jasper I’ve just bought a rfxtrx433e to control my somfy rts shutters. I’ve been able to control them using the rfxmanager tool but I can’t get the binding to work. Are you able to post how you have done your items and site map? Thanks I think my brain is not functioning properly in 2016!

Sure I can do that

Julian, what OS are you running? is it Linux or Windows based?

Windows.

For windows you have to configure the rfxcom binding in openhab.cfg as follow: rfxcom:serialPort=COM1 (or whatever com port your rfxcom is assigned to)

Next you create an item in the openhab items file:

Rollershutter RTS_Zonnescherm “Zonnescherm” { rfxcom=">1.1.1.1:RFY.RFY:Shutter" }

the 1.1.1.1 is the address to use, you can find this when you control the somfy in the RFXCOM program.

Next create an entry in your sitemap
Switch item=RTS_Zonnescherm label=“ZonneScherm” icon=“sunshade”

That’s it…

Thanks - so when I run RFXmanager it lists the remotes as follows - how do I map the numbers and which numbers dp I use?
Also for the switch I wanted to have 2 buttons UP and Down or even a slider - did you try this?

EDIT: Ok I figured out the syntax by trial and error:

You take out the zeros for the ID and tag on the Unit ID putting a dot between them.

The switch seems to default to a shutter up down stop buttons which are not great looking but work!

RFY command

Packettype = RFY
subtype = RFY
Sequence nbr = 3
id1-3 = 000000
Unit = 1
Command = List remotes
rfu1 = 00
rfu2 = 00
rfu3 = 00
Signal level = 0 -120dBi
Packettype = Interface Message
subtype = RFY remote:0 ID:01 01 01 unitnbr:1

Hi Julian,

I also have the UP-stop-DOWN buttons.
I don’t think a slider would work, since I do not get feedback from the Somfy when it’s on 100%, like it will with e.g. Zwave device. You could try to see if you get any feedback from the Somfy when it stops at the end-point.

I don’t think feedback is possible? It would be great if the rfx binding updated up when you press buttons on the “real” remotes so that Openhab is always in sync. The other way would be to buy some sensors.

Is the Configuration for Raspian ( linux ) the same…

Thanks and Gruß

Eric

Eric,

Do you mean for the RFXcom binding?

/Jasper

Hi Jasper,

Yes. I have an RFXTRX433E (RFXCOM) Transreceiver for my SOMFY Blinds …

The example above is from my Linux machine, so yes…it’s the same.
You can use the RFXcom manager from their website to determine the addresses to be used.

/Jasper

Hi Jasper,

ok, in the file “openhab.cfg” comes this :

rfxcom:serialPort=/dev/ttyUSB0

my file “wohnzimmer.items” looks like this :

Group Wohnzimmer (All)

/* Rollo */
Switch RTS_wz_rollo_01 “Rollo 1” (Wohnzimmer) { rfxcom=">00.01.00.01" }

and were shold i put this ? :

RFY command

Packettype = RFY
subtype = RFY
Sequence nbr = 3
id1-3 = 000000
Unit = 1
Command = List remotes
rfu1 = 00
rfu2 = 00
rfu3 = 00
Signal level = 0 -120dBi
Packettype = Interface Message
subtype = RFY remote:0 ID:01 01 01 unitnbr:1

Eric

Hi Eric,

The configuration of the “item’ shall be like: rfxcom=”>1.0.0.1:RFY.RFY:Shutter" }

the syntax is: RfyMessage Id1.Id2.Id3.UnitCode, so I believe your item will look like be : rfxcom=“1.1.1.1:RFY:RFY:shutter” or rfxcom=“0.0.0.1:RFY:RFY:Shutter”

/Japser