RFXComBridgeHandler] - Connection to RFXCOM transceiver failed

To @pauli_anttila or to whom it might be of interest.
I’m not sure where to “dump” this question or if it’s important at all.

For several reasons I’ve been upgrading from 2.5M1 to 2.5.0-SNAPSHOT Build #1597 (Which I’ve found working well here for my needs) Running on Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS

I’m using 2.5.0.201905191809 x org.openhab.binding.rfxcom

My new snapshot installation introduces a new error message in the logs while starting up OH while the previous version did not.

2019-05-25 12:24:45.606 [ERROR] [internal.handler.RFXComBridgeHandler] - Connection to RFXCOM transceiver failed
org.openhab.binding.rfxcom.internal.exceptions.RFXComException: No serial port /dev/ttyUSBrfxtrx
        at org.openhab.binding.rfxcom.internal.connector.RFXComSerialConnector.connect(RFXComSerialConnector.java:58) ~[?:?]
        at org.openhab.binding.rfxcom.internal.handler.RFXComBridgeHandler.connect(RFXComBridgeHandler.java:188) ~[?:?]
        at org.openhab.binding.rfxcom.internal.handler.RFXComBridgeHandler.lambda$0(RFXComBridgeHandler.java:162) ~[?:?]
        at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) [?:?]
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:308) [?:?]
        at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180) [?:?]
        at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:294) [?:?]
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:?]
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:?]
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:?]

As earlier the serial port /dev/ttyUSBrfxtrx is available and is defined in the EXTRA_JAVA_OPTIONS environment variable. (EDIT: typo, should be EXTRA_JAVA_OPTS) No changes has been made between OH 2.5M1 and the current snapshot version. In fact, downgrading to OH 2.5M1 solves the issue.

Now, while error messages when starting up always draws my attention this error message doesn’t seem to affect the functionality of the binding because a few seconds after the error message the following shows in the log:

2019-05-25 12:25:45.962 [INFO ] [internal.handler.RFXComBridgeHandler] - RFXCOM transceiver/receiver type: _433_92MHZ_TRANSCEIVER, hw version: 0.1, fw version: 25

The RFXtrx433 RFXCOM USB Transceiver is configured in the Paper UI.

Cheers!

Are you running OH on Windows? I thought you were using Linux. I guess this is a typo, but it should be EXTRA_JAVA_OPTS. I’ve found some oddities with serial in the snapshots after the ESH reintegration (S1566), and had to add all ports to the EXTRA_JAVA_OPTS. If you are using OH on Windows, you currently can only specify EXTRA_JAVA_OPTS in the setenv.bat, until now…

Thanks @5iver

No, that was a typo. It should read EXTRA_JAVA_OPTS of course. Running on Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS.

1 Like