Rollback 3.3->3.0.1 then up to 3.2 and 3.3

Windows 10Pro, OpenHab 3.3, Sun Java

Upgraded from 3.0.1 to 3.3 but have a problem I need to investigate.

Using the documented upgrade method, is it possible to roll back to 3.0.1 and then upgrade to 3.2 and 3.3 as I investigate?

I’ve made no changes since 3.0.1 apart from adding some power sockets and changing a few things from equipment to sensor.

Thanks

I don’t know, if there’s a “official” downgrade method, at least I don’t know of one.

It’s something you won’t like, but recommended upgrade procedure I know of is:

1. backup your configuration
  2. backup your installation (e.g. clone SD-Card)
  3. upgrade and test

so, you could easily put in the cloned SC-Card or restore your installation, if you run in problems.

So, if you don’t have a snapshot/backup/SD-Card clone, you can’t easily roll back?

1 Like

What’s the problem. Instead of going through all this effort maybe we can help without your needing to go through this process.

If you have a backup you should “install” (you are on Windows so it’s not really installed, just unzipped) 3.0.1 in some folder and restore your backup to there. Then open the upgrade.ps script and see what it does. It might take command line arguments that let you specify which version of OH you should upgrade to. If not, you’ll have to manually do what that script does, only download the older release instead of the latest release.

If you don’t have a backup, you are out of luck. We don’t know what may have changed in your configs during the upgrade process (sometimes the upgrade script will adjust your configs for breaking changes).

Thanks, have sorted my problem.

Don’t know why I had one or how I got out of it, but it almost certainly had nothing to do with 3.0.1→3.3.