Roller shutter controller - Unknown Device

Hello

I have an issue with roller shutter controller PAN08.
I installed it physically correct (I am able to control shutter by switches attached to controller) but in the openHab binded shutter is marked as Unknown Device. I have some properties visible and online but there is no channels accessible.

Properties:
zwave_class_basic ROUTING_SLAVE
zwave_class_generic MULTILEVEL_SWITCH
zwave_frequent false
zwave_neighbours
zwave_version 1.3
zwave_listening true
zwave_plus_devicetype WINDOW_COVERING_POSITION_ENDPOINT_AWARE
zwave_deviceid 21
zwave_nodeid 6
zwave_routing true
zwave_beaming true
zwave_class_specific MOTOR_CONTROL_CLASS_C
zwave_manufacturer 316
zwave_devicetype 1

I run it on Raspberry Pi + openhabian + Z-Wave Z-Stick Gen5 ZW090.
I have seen some comments that full binding may take longer (specially for battery powered devices) but it is not a case. And shutter controller is binded for more than 12 hours now.

and I am new to it, so please have marcy :slight_smile:
Thanks in advance

You need to wake it up multiple times (4 or more) or wait days, not hours, for it to talk enough for the binding to figure out what it is.

Can you explain little bit more? What do you mean by wake up? Why would it take such a long time?

Read the manual for your device. Often the wake-up procedure is the same as the pairing procedure (e.g. for the ZCombo Smoke/CO Alarm one slides the battery out then back in while holding a button to pair it with the controller and to wake it up).

It takes a long time because battery powered devices often only communicate once or twice a day under normal circumstances. Transmitting over radio takes a lot of power. If they communicated more often you’d have to change the batteries every couple of days.

Got it but, roller shutter controller is Mains Powered Device …

From the list of properties, the device has initialised ok, so it has woken up enough. Your device has just been added to the database in the past couple of days, so make sure you’re running the latest snapshot and hopefully it will work ok.

@chris how do you know it has been added in the past couple of days?

Because I look after the database administration :wink:

1 Like

Ahhh … and by the latest snapshot you mean the “unstable” one? :wink:

Well, a snapshot is the latest code - it’s not a released version but I’m not sure if I’d call it “unstable”. As per the docs, there are always the two ways to install (ie release and snapshot)…

snapshot killed web interface 404 on loading anything other than UI selector. Rolling bac …

So you will never be able to run a new version then…

I would suggest that instead, you should try and find what’s wrong - it won’t fix itself and it will just be there next time as there is very little changes these days.

Up to you though.

Why will I not run new version?
How can I find? Where to start?

Please help :slight_smile:

Well, if you have a problem with this version, then it will still be there in the next version since the next release will be the same as this snapshot.

Check the logs - see what it shows…