Rollershutter display in Sites with value

hi everyone, i am new to oh3 and i´m comming from oh2. i know its late but it take me a while to migrate everything. so now i am here and i think i understand the symantic model. but i have a little problem. on my oh2 or in the basic ui my old sitemap is working fine and shows me the values and controlls as i liked it.
in case of rollershutter i have the problem that i don´t see the acutal state.
here is like it looks in the basic ui:
and here is how it looks in the new ui:
so how can i add the value in % after the text or befor the buttons?
thanks in advance
kind regards
matze

We need lots more info.

Show us the sitemap config for that element.

Is the second screen shot from a phone app or the web.

Show the Item definition.

ok here we go:
the first is the sitemap from basicui here is the definition:
the second is in the web under sites and than the site.
the item is only in gui not in text config:

Where feasible, please do not post screen shots. Please post the actual text using code fences:

```
code goes here
```

Screen shots are all but impossible to read on a phone, cannot be searched, cannot be copied and edited with corrections, etc.

This confuses me. There is no “sites” anywhere I can find in MainUI nor in BasicUI. I have no idea what you are talking about here.

Have you set the State Description Item metadata with a Pattern?

i will do if i have some code and not only the gui

sorry for that confusion i mean locations

i don´t have metadata or i missunderstand you

OK, first it needs to be understood that sitemaps and MainUI pages have nothing in common. MainUI is a wholly new UI and works wholly differently.

There will be differences between the two.

By default, MainUI will attempt to pick a UI widget based on the Item’s type and the semantic tags. It also has a bigger reliance on icons to represent state.

If the default widget chosen for an Item isn’t to your liking you have some options to change it:

1. modify the semantic tags which can sometimes cause MainUI to choose a different widget

2. set the State Description metadata on the Item which has a number of options to give hints to MainUI hints about how you want the Item displayed; in this case setting the Pattern field (it follows the same syntax of what goes between the [ ] in a sitemap label) might be useful

3. set the “Default List Item Widget” Item metadata to a custom widget configured exactly as you want it; what ever is defined there will become what MainUI uses in the overview tabs.

Also, I cannot stress this enough. Most of the OH 2.x users who struggle with OH 3 struggle because they skipped the Getting Started Tutorial. Much of this is explained there.

1 Like

Thats true i thought i now OH so thanks for that advice i will read this now frist and come back to this topic later.

ok i now read a bit of the starting guide and i found out that the rollershutter widget has the ability to use the stop Botton to show the state of the opening. now i like to set this to default for every rollershutter but i don´t find where to the the deafaults for widgets. can you tell me where i find this option?

At a high level:

1. Under Developer Tools → Widgets create your List Item Widget configured exactly how you want it.
  2. For each of your rollershutter Items, add a “Default List Item Widget” metadata and choose the widget you created under 1
1 Like

thanks a lot for your support, it worked :slight_smile: