Rollershutter element

I am using a Rollershutter element for my sitemap. I do not see any documentation for Rollershutter ; Am I missing something?

Below is my sitemap detail and I always get an error when I save my Rollershutter element

2020-09-12 21:50:39.483 [WARN ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Configuration model ‘Room.things’ has errors, therefore ignoring it: [29,14]: mismatched input ‘Rollershutter’ expecting RULE_ID

sitemap:
Rollershutter item=Curtain icon=“bilnds” lavel=“Curtain”

thing:

Bridge knx:ip:bridge [
type=“TUNNEL”,
ipAddress=“192.168.0.200”,
portNumber=3671,
localIp=“192.168.0.120”,
readingPause=50,
responseTimeout=10,
readRetriesLimit=3,
autoReconnectPeriod=60,
localSourceAddr=“0.0.0”
] {
Thing device generic [
fetch=false,
pingInterval=300,
readInterval=3600
] {
Type switch : SpotlightSwitch “SpotLight” [ ga=“0/0/1+<0/0/2” ]
Type switch : DownlightSwitch “DownLight” [ ga=“0/0/3+<0/0/4” ]
Type switch : TracklightSwitch “TrackLight” [ ga=“0/0/5+<0/0/6” ]
Type switch : CovelightSwitch “CoveLight” [ ga=“0/0/7+<0/0/8” ]
Type switch : OutsidelightSwitch “OutsideLight” [ ga=“0/0/9+<0/0/10” ]

Type switch        : Television     "TV"       [ ga="0/0/20+<0/0/21" ]

Type Rollershutter : Curtain "Curtain"       [ pDown="0/0/11+0/0/12", stopMove="0/0/11+0/0/12", position="0/0/11+0/0/12"]

}
}

item:

Rollershutter Curtain “Curtain” [“Blinds”] {channel=“knx:device:bridge:generic:Curtain”}

Are you trying to define the sitemap element in the Room.things file?

Sitemaps are separate .sitemap files, the element definition goes in one of those:
https://www.openhab.org/docs/configuration/sitemaps.html

Sorry, there was mistake while copy pasting

Below is the error for the sitemap. I am not sure, I have not been able to thoroughly understand hte rollershutter item, I have just resorted to trail and error method to get this working.

==> /var/log/openhab2/openhab.log <==

2020-09-12 22:07:39.796 [WARN ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Configuration model ‘Room.sitemap’ has errors, therefore ignoring it: [18,9]: mismatched input ‘Rollershutter’ expecting ‘}’

There are several issues:

1. If you look through the available sitemap elements in the doc linked above you will see that Rollershutter is not a listed element. That’s what your error means:

The sitemap parser doesn’t know what to do with the word ‘Rollershutter’ because that is not one of its options and so it thinks it should have encountered the closing brace to end the file.

Look through the actual elements that can be used and find the one that fits your use case (probably the slider or basic switch if you want full control, selection or a mapped switch if you want just a few preset options).

1. Your element definition has two typos
    “bilnds”->“blinds” (probably not going to cause an error, but not going to give you the icon you want)
    lavel->label (will almost certainly cause the sitemap parser to fail again if it ever gets there)
1 Like

Justin, Are you saying the Rollershutter element is not a standard element. As I understand the error is becuase of Rollershutter element being used.

All I am trying to do is copy the demo.item demo.sitemaps to Room.item, Room.Things and Room.sitemap

somewhere my understanding is messed up. Demo.sitemap lists Rollershutter item, thing and Sitemap as well. but how?

All of these things are very specific terms and each must be defined separately in different files:

Rollershutter is an acceptable item type, but it is not one of the sitemap elements. Each sitemap element you add to a sitemap is connected to a particular item, and rollershutter items can be connected to several different types of elements depending on how you want to be able to interact with that item.

the demo.sitemap linked from the docs does not have any element defined as “Rollershutter”, but it does have two examples of elements that can have rollershutter items attached, a switch element and a slider element:

The relationship between elements and items is laid out, probably even more clearly than what I’ve put here, in the sitemap doc link in my first reply.

1 Like

Try to put Default as item type in your sitemap…it should render the rollershutter controls:

Default item=YourShutterItem

Alexxio,

Default sort of got me that working. However, I am still wondering why Rollershutter does show an error on the sitemap.

For now, I am happy seeing it working .

K

Because there is no Rollershutter type element in a sitemap.
Just as there is no Dimmer element.
It is unfortunate that there are some sitemap widgets/elements that have the same names as some Item types, like Switch. but thay aretwo different kinds of things.

You can display a Dimmer type Item using a Switch type sitemap widget/element. You can display a Dimmer type Item using a Text type widget. You can display a Dimmer type Item using a Slider type widget.

What you’ll want to know is that you can display and control a Rollershutter type Item using a Switch type widget. That’s useful if you need up/down buttons.
Or you can display and control a Rollershutter type Item using a Slider type widget. That’s useful if your shutter actually offers true position control.