Rr4j persistence item name limitation

Is there a limitation on the item names in rr4j? If the item starts with a number it seems to throw an exception. For example I have a temperature sensor “5Temp” and I see an error in the log:

2017-10-29 17:18:50.797 [WARN ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Configuration model ‘rrd4j.persist’ has errors, therefore ignoring it: [16,2]: mismatched input ‘5’ expecting ‘}’

But when I change the item name to just Temp, then it works normally.

Reading the package name this message is coming from, I think it is more like a restriction from the core, although I couldn’t find the exact code where digits where treated like that.

As far as I know the name of a persisted item (at least for rrd4j) has to begin with a char, but you can use numbers in the back

Thanks! I guess it is a rrd4j limitation. It was a bit confusing because there was no restriction on creating the Item. It was only with openhab 2.1 and the improved error handling that I figured out what was going on…

This limitation is coming when the faulty defined item is set into the “rd4j.persist” file as an itme to be persisted, when simply persisting all items (*), all (number)items are persistet.

The error is raised in the org.eclipse.smarthome.model.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl package.
However, I can’t get any deeper.