Ruckus Unleashed Networks Binding

Hi @Seaside,

Thanks for making this binding, i’ve got it up and running in notime. I’m only struggeling with ios devices. The status of them doesnt update, even when i disable the private address toggle in ios 14. MacOS devices are being recognized and updated. Do you have any idea?

1 Like

Hi!
Glad it is of use to you! I don’t experience any problems myself with IOS 14 devices, my kids have Ipads with ios14 and we have a few Iphones in the household. For presence detection i’ve set the timout to 330s which is a realtive long time, but otherwise they tend to bounce online/offline. For android devices usually 180 seconds is ok.

The private address has to be disabled, if that’s not working double check that the mac-address is correct. If the device is offline, but you are online on your wifi, I would suggest you connect to the ruckus cli using ssh and check that the device is present, as well as verify the MAC is correct (I use lower case letters for mac, not sure if that matters, but use that to be sure).

example

josha@xcom:~/> ssh admin@10.0.1.xx

Please login: admin
Password: 
Welcome to Ruckus Unleashed Network Command Line Interface
ruckus> enable
ruckus# show current-active-clients all
Current Active Clients:
  Clients:
    Mac Address= 94:63:xx:xx:xx:xx
    OS/Type= Android
    Host Name= android-df761901xxxxxx
    User/IP= 10.0.40.33
    Role= 
    Access Point= xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:30
    BSSID= xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:38
    Connect Since=2020/12/31 00:30:13
    Auth Method= Open
    WLAN= Uggla
    VLAN= 40
    Channel= 1
    Radio= 802.11gn
    Signal= 40
    Status= Authorized
  Clients:
    Mac Address= xx:xx:14:xx:xx:xx
    OS/Type= 
    Host Name= iPhone
    User/IP= 10.0.30.28
    Role= 
    Access Point= xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:30
    BSSID= xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:3c
    Connect Since=2020/12/31 07:58:53
    Auth Method= Open
    WLAN= Helikopter
    VLAN= 30
    Channel= 157
    Radio= 802.11ac
    Signal= 41
    Status= Authorized
 Last 300 Events/Activities:

ruckus# 

It’s unable to detect OS for IOS 14 it seems but Online/offline should be working.

That did the trick! Put the mac address in lower case. Thanks !!!

1 Like

I’ll add a toLowerCase in the code so it becomes case insensitive :+1:

The binding dont seem to work anymore for OH3.01?

I’m running on latest oh snapshot, seems to work fine.
You have to select correct bridge when adding the client, also make sure bridgeid and thing id of the client I specified in the channel. You can check channel definition details in the gui to see if you have correctly linked your items.

I will add discovery, which will help with thing creation, but right now I’m busy with the unifiprotect binding so not sure when it will.be.

Regards S

Hi, any further updates to this great binding?

I’ve been busy with a java rules automation addon, but most work there is done, so hopefully I’ll get some more time to work.on the unleashed binding.

Regards S

I’ve created a Beta8 version which is compatible with latest OH3 (removing all deps to org.apache.commons).

Regards, S

1 Like

Added a Beta9 version with support for discovery.

Added a beta10 version with major refactoring.
The expect and ssh dependencies are removed.
The binding now has a dependency on jsch (for ssh through java) and
I have created my own java-expect style scripts.
Once this binding starts to stabilize I’ll try to submit a PR to have it merged.

BR S

Thanks!
Do we need to install the jsch dependency? If so, how do you go about doing that?

Hi, you don’t have to install the deps, they should be bundled with the jar.
Regards S

Does the current beta 11 binding work with the 3.1.0 release?
Thanks for your support of this great binding:)

Yes, I’m running it with 3.1.0 snapshot.

Regards, S

It worked with the last 3.1.0 snapshot, but it does not seem to work with the 3.1.0 release. At least for me

Thanks, I will try it as well and see what’s up.

Regards S

Hi, Any update to this great binding for OH 3.1?

Hi!

Are you missing something, or seeing any errors when running under 3.1? Otherwise the current binding should work fine for 3.1, at least that’s what I’m using.

Regards, S

Yes, OH status says its uninitialized.