Ruckus Unleashed Networks Binding

I have now tested with 3.0.0 3.1.0 and latest 3.2 (3.2.0-SNAPSHOT - Build #2479)
I don’t have any problems and working fine for me.

What version exact version of Openhab are you using?
What version of the binding?
Any errors in the log?
An example of you items?
You could enable debug for the binding and we can see what it says.

BR S

I restarted the OH 3.10 container, and now it works fine again. I have no idea why it didnt initialised earlier on.
Thanks Seaside

But now, the z wave controller is seen as being offline…sigh…

1 Like

The Ruckus binding is working well on my OH 3.2.0.M3 setup except the block function.

I assigned the ACL openhab to all wireless networks but when I block a device on one of my networks it still has access to my Guest network (both ACL openhab assigned).

Sorry for the late response. This seems to work for me. Are you sure you don’t have a random mac-address for that network (the guest one), that would explain if it can still connect.

Before blocking:

After blocking:

IP-address changed as expected but I did not expect the Mac address to change.

As I understand from your post #22 (Dec '20) the toggle button “Private Address” should be “off” on the iPhone I want to block. But that’s a user’s choice. I’m not able to set this button.

Yes it is a setting on the client. The problem is that from the access point it will not be able to determine if it is the same client if it uses a random mac address. In case you want to block certain users, you should set up proper ad with for instace radius.

Clear,

Is it possible to also measure the data usage of users? Or do I need another binding for that?

Hi!

If it is available in the cli, I could add functionality for it, but I don’t think it is (quick search on Google).

Regards, S

Are there now possibilities to control a (ruckus) icx (7150 or 7450) switch? For example, to disable and enable the POE function of a port.

I’m not sure. I don’t own any 7150 or similar. I’ve been trying to get one a few times but ended up being outbid (on ebay). I’ve also invested quite a bit in Juniper so does not make much sense for med to switch them out.

If you can use the Ruckus Unleashed cli to enable disable POE then it would be possible to integrate that with the binding. Have you tried it? If it is possible and you can send me a sample of input / output when doing so from the cli, I could try and include it.

Otherwise your best bet is to use a script or create another addon for doing so.

BR S

Unfortunately I don’t have an ICX switch either.

I’m using two Cisco SG300 switches but I can’t manage them from OH3. Because I use the Ruckus access point I looked for possibilities with their switches in OH3.

Maybe someone else can test this?

Well, looking at the api documentation it does not seem like there are any options to control the switches from the ruckus unleashed cli.

I guess the SG300 has a CLI so you could write a script that you trigger from OH to turn on and off poe on a specific port.

/S

Created a new beta11 version where I fixed a memory issue as well as updated to openHAB 3.4.

I have released a version for openHAB 4.0.0. It has to be manually installed.